I'm finally going to do it!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaIV

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just thought I'd let you know that I'm finally going to trade my mark 4 in for a dual/single rectifier!
After a couple of months with disappointments of the mark 4 I recently tested a rectifier and I was blown away! Now that's my sound!
Not any complaints about the mark 4, very good amp (construction,..)
But not really my cup of tea I guess ;)
I AB'ed the mark and the rectifier and the rectifier sounded so thick and perfect for me! The mark sounded so **** thin in comparison to the rectifier. Just so you'd know! ;)

I had the Rectoverb & the Mark IV at the same time. I have to say, I really liked the Rectoverb more, except for the Reverb.

I have 2 DC's and a Heartbreaker now and couldn't be happier, but I might pick up another Rectoverb eventually. I would have to add Tube Reverb to it though.

I just traded a Rect-O-Verb (Series II) for an F-50, and could not be happier. I purchased the Rect-O-Verb used in pristine, low-use condition off of eBay for a kick-butt price, but I could not stand that amp. The Rectos do exactly one tone well; namely, "Modern!" IMHO, the Recto is a miserable amp topology for soloing. Mesa has scooped out so much of the mids that the amp does not cut through the mix very well on single note work. That thin sound that you are complaining about with the Mark VI cuts through the mix like a hot knife through butter.

Latest posts

Back