IIC+ ....so I finally got one....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glguitarman

Reaction score
I got my first Mesa Boogie in 1987, it was a Mark III half stack. I was playing in my first band, and I needed an upgrade from my 'gorilla amp', lol.

Anyway, that day I chose a Boogie Mark III over a Marshall JCM 800. I had read about Mesa Boogies a lot, so I knew about the IIC+, but of course they were out of production by then. I can't remember the stripe color of my old Mark III, but it was a 60 watt, with no GEQ or reverb. I was extremely happy with the amp for a few years, until I went to G.I.T. and learned about Jazz and other music styles (other than Metal). I just couldn't figure out how to get a good clean sound AND distortion. So I got rid of it, like a jack-***.

Now, many years, and many amps later, I now have a loaded red stripe combo I bought a few weeks ago, and a 60 watt, EQ, reverb IIC+ head, I got TODAY.

I couldn't believe my ears when I turned on the amp and set up a clean sound. For so many years I have wanted to play/have a IIC+. I never even had the chance to play one, let alone own one. The clean sound of the IIC+ is just incredible. I've played some great vintage Fender amps in my life, and this amp is really on par with them. I would be cool to A/B it with them, but I really don't care that much about comparisons, and, this amp is mine now. Just as amazing, just as mind blowing, is the Lead Channel. Everything I thought it would be, ever since I was that 17 year old shredder in the 80's.

Some might think I am crazy, but I have to say that my red-stripe Mark III's lead channel is very similar to the IIC+. No, it's not the 'same', but equally cool to my ears/taste. Also, the Mark III really does have three very usable sounds, including a really nice clean sound. However, after playing the IIC+, the clean channel on the Mark III is, well, lacking.

I just swapped out the EV force for an old evm12l in the c+ I just got last month. Monster cleans now. Very usable two-channel setup. Gonna get another 12l for the thiele that's coming. I bought a mkIII in '87 too (100 watter) that I used for a long time when I didn't know squat about tone. I loved that middle channel crunch but the c+ is a very nice amp (and I don't play metal either). The cleans are great!

The hype cannot match how great the MarkIIC+ really is. You must tweak it like any other amp, and I'd rather tweak this than any other amp on earth , I repeat than any other amp on earth. It can sound like any other great amp, but other great amps will never sound like a MarkIIC+. Name a better clean/distortion amp, g'head, a badcat?, marshall? matchless (you will have to place a distotion pedal in front of this one), VHT? not bad actually. MarkIIC+ is a unique amp, and Im glad I bagged one.

rizboog said:
The hype cannot match how great the MarkIIC+ really is. You must tweak it like any other amp, and I'd rather tweak this than any other amp on earth , I repeat than any other amp on earth. It can sound like any other great amp, but other great amps will never sound like a MarkIIC+. Name a better clean/distortion amp, g'head, a badcat?, marshall? matchless (you will have to place a distotion pedal in front of this one), VHT? not bad actually. MarkIIC+ is a unique amp, and Im glad I bagged one.

I dunno man...I played the Mad Professor CS40 this weekend, and god ****.

Back