IIC+ petition...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2126

Reaction score
Look what I found on the internet: http://www.petitiononline.com/MkIICre/petition.html

I don't think it'll happen. Not because "the components can't be reproduced". Any conponent can be reproduced. The reason i think they won't re-issue it is because Mesa are pleased with the Mark IV and they are a company that likes to move forward.

adam02 said:
I don't think it'll happen. Not because "the components can't be reproduced". Any conponent can be reproduced. The reason i think they won't re-issue it is because Mesa are pleased with the Mark IV and they are a company that likes to move forward.

They have a Mark I reissue...

I said they LIKE to move forward. I didnt say they NEVER do it or WILL NEVER.

And that just reinforces my point that if the Mark I can be reproduced, whats to stop them remaking the IIC+s?

If they wanted to reissue the IIC+, they would have a long time ago im told.

Anyone who knows there Boogie from their elbow knows that every component in the IIC can be reproduced. There is a lot of truth in their progressive view, but even the MK I reissue is not built like the originals.
The MK IV is what Mesa IMO wanted the IIC+ to sound like.

I'v spent years buying 15uf mallory cap, hermetically sealed .22 and .47 caps, pots and a host of other C+ parts. Even most of the original components can be bought relatively cheap if you keep looking. The only true components not available are the OT and PT, but when you have the specs you can call Mercury or Heyboer and actually get a better transformer. The hand labor is what would make it cost prohibitive compared to pre-populated boards done by solder flow machines. I don't think they would take the time to make a gleaming tinned copper preamp anymore.

Mesa just gets you off the phone by saying the flux capacitor is no longer available.

Boogiebabies said:
Anyone who knows there Boogie from their elbow knows that every component in the IIC can be reproduced. There is a lot of truth in their progressive view, but even the MK I reissue is not built like the originals.
The MK IV is what Mesa IMO wanted the IIC+ to sound like.

I'v spent years buying 15uf mallory cap, hermetically sealed .22 and .47 caps, pots and a host of other C+ parts. Even most of the original components can be bought relatively cheap if you keep looking. The only true components not available are the OT and PT, but when you have the specs you can call Mercury or Heyboer and actually get a better transformer. The hand labor is what would make it cost prohibitive compared to pre-populated boards done by solder flow machines. I don't think they would take the time to make a gleaming tinned copper preamp anymore.

Mesa just gets you off the phone by saying the flux capacitor is no longer available.

yeah that petition has been around for a while.
what is the significants of 15uf mallory caps and the other componets you named?

i just got my green stripe mark III today, and in terms of the lead channel, for playing high gain, i think this is just as good if not better than a c+.
the cleans on the mark III i'm not so sure about, since i haven't spent much time dialing those in yet.
i'm sure i'll put it to the test this weekend with my friends c+.
he has a greeny comming too next week as well.

JimAnsell said:
i just got my green stripe mark III today, and in terms of the lead channel, for playing high gain, i think this is just as good if not better than a c+.
the cleans on the mark III i'm not so sure about, since i haven't spent much time dialing those in yet.

I've been ranting on how the Green Stripe is IMO the closest to the IIC+.
Not quite exact, but worth leaving the treasures at home. I'm going to try the triode wiring to see if it sweetens up a bit, more like the C+.

Enjoy that beast.

rabies said:
I think the IIC+ reissue is unlikely (they'll say buy the Triaxis).

There is definitely going to be a Mark V. Progressively. I got verification from MikeB personally last month. Hopefully it will be progressive enough to be the only amp that allows you to select classA, AB, or simul in the power section.

Regardless of what people say on this board or elsewhere, the Mark IV is not perfect. No amp is perfect. Mark IV needs classAB mode (and that means using a switch, not removing the two outside PT's) and that should be added in the Mark V (hopefully).

Then we can vote for Randall Smith as president of USA and build more amps rather than bombs.

The V has officially been in the works for a while, but it's been prepetually on the back burner. The RK II, Roadster, 5:50, Stiletto and LSS have basically jumped ahead of it. As far as a true AB 100 watt power section, it's been out of the Boogie mainstream for quite some time. I highly doubt we will see a hundred watt Boogie. IMO, they are already louder with the near class B 6L6's and the Class A triode. It's very true that a 1X12 Boogie combo can totally drown A 100 Watt Marshall stack.

I dunno, my 2210 was pretty **** loud. Probably the loudest Marshall I ever played and I have played a lot of them.

I could never get above 6 on the master. The one time I did Johnny Law came to visit. That was in the middle of the day. 4 was enough to make me have to reseal my mother's windows. It was giggable after 2 and almost too much after 3.

I can't imagine a 300 watter either. You wouldn't even be able to stand behind the cabs at full tilt.

I signed it.

How many players do you know actually use the Mark 1 as their main amp...who would NOT prefer a MarkIIC+ if they could get their hands on one. The Mark one is still available....why not discontinue it and re-release the IIC+...

And while they are at it, bring back the HeartBreaker!!! I almost got one new back in the day but all they had was this little amp with a hefty price tag called a Trem O Verb...so I "settled" for that, the rest is history!

Boogiebabies said:
JimAnsell said:

I've been ranting on how the Green Stripe is IMO the closest to the IIC+.
Not quite exact, but worth leaving the treasures at home. I'm going to try the triode wiring to see if it sweetens up a bit, more like the C+.

Enjoy that beast.

What would be the differance in a Green stripe in triode or a blue stripe? isn't that the main thing thats different.

thats why I keep saying that the blue stripe is the closest electrically to a IIC+

Latest posts

Back