I thought letting your amp warm up was a myth. I was wrong

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Reaction score
So I read someones post where they were talking about letting their amp warm up before playing and I thought it was placebo. Or just someones ears adjusting to the tone over time. I was wrong. Boy was I wrong. I let my MarK V warm up for about an hour on standby and then turned it on with the mute engaged and when I played on it I swear it had more gain, sounded tighter and hotter. Thanks to whoever pointed that out.

An hour might be over the top...LOL..I usually set mine up..power it up and by the time I get my pedal board set up and wires run..she is ready to go...

You would probably get there faster with the standby off. Mine doesn't feel and sound right until about two or three songs into it.

Yep I let my amps run on standby at least 10 minutes if I can, then I engage my "mute" patch or turn down my guitar's volume and let it cook like that too. If I have time. If I don't I skip the "mute part" and like jb's 52 said,
Mine doesn't feel and sound right until about two or three songs into it.

this wasnt even something I did on purpose. I just had my amp on while I was playing a video game and decided to play a little before I shut it down. To my surprise It sounded even better than it normally does.

Latest posts

Back