I think I too have developed GAS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humbility

Reaction score
I have been playing with the idea of upgrading from my single recto head to a Roadster. More power, more features, and so on. I am not really doing it for the wattage as I know the particulars regarding watts and volume. I have used my SIngle lots at shows and its pleanty loud...but I find that I spend 90% of my time playing on channel 2 on modern. Now is that because thats all I will really ever need? Or is it because nothing else about the SR is really speaking to me at the moment? I mean we all know what its like to be GASing for better gear....but I guess in this case I am wondering if its just one of those, "Grass is greener on the other side of the fence" kinda things. I know there are people out there that would KILL to have a rig like mine...but thats again all relative to ones situation and needs. I guess I just LOVE gear a little too much. Addicted to it I guess you could say. LOL I don't know...
Floundering in turmoil here....
thoughts?
Hum

P.S. Another amp I have always wanted is a 2 channel Dual Recto...preferably a Ractifier. mmmmmmmmmmm

I think the option of having the tube rectifier is enough motivation to get the Roadster. I have played a single and dual rec and the tube rectifier was a big plus for me. It adds serious harmonics IMO. I now have a Tremoverb head and never use the Silicone Diode option now that GZ34's are in there.

Humbility said:
Another amp I have always wanted is a 2 channel Dual Recto...preferably a Ractifier. mmmmmmmmmmm

That's a very good idea after what you said about sticking with modern mode channel 2. The first generation of DR is the best sound you can get. If you can find one of those buy it and never let it go!

I recently upgraded from Single rec to Roadster. Yes...more flexibility, and tube rectification really is the bomb...and the spongy setting too. Great feel. If you like the single rec, you will love the roadster. Go for it dude. Your GAS will be well rewarded.

Latest posts

Back