I need Mesa Tan grill cloth for DR Head??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adambomb

Reaction score
Where can I find the tan grill cloth that Mesa uses? I want to changing the diamond plate on my Dual recto to the tan grill. I just bought a 4x12 cab on EBay that has tan grill and wine Taurus tolex. I would like to change the diamond plate on my head to match the cab. The tolex won't match but I don't think it will look bad with the tan grill for the head.

Mine is a Dual Recto with the diamond plate. I heard that is really hard to get of cause it got adhesive on it. If I could find a way to...I would love the have the tan cloth. I have a Mesa 4x12 with tan cloth and wine taurus covering that I wanna match up with.

I used to have a dual rec. it is different than the Road King.

You will have to use a heat gun to warm the glue and slowly peel the diamond plate off. after that you will have to pick up a 1/4" Panel and round the corners with a sander, then stretch grill cloth over it. then you will need to screw the panel on from behind on the headshell. This will give you the same look as a rect-o-verb. You will need to get a different metal grill if you want it to look like my road king.

You are correct...Mesa will only sell you the front panel....I think it is a little over $200 bucks.
I recently had an extension cab built and the Mesa rep asked me if I wanted a new front panel for the original amp so the two cabs would match...I recall he quoted me something slightly over a couple of hundred for that.

Latest posts

Back