I just got "the call"!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
Hey... I got the call that my head was in so I ran and picked it up. They also got the closed back 1x12 so I snagged that too. Will post pics in a bit. The serial number on the box is rather high so I will confirm when I open the box.

AUGHHHHH! The wait is killing me! Where is mine???

Congratulations on the amp! Give us your initial impressions.

I ordered my heads after you im sure (some of you ordered it at namm or when the mark IV got discontinued!!). I order my heads on monday march 9. I got word from GC that it might be six more weeks. somehow if thats what i was told, then i feel itl even be more. I havent been complaining so far, but this time im thinking i should order som else. ff dono...

Congrats though!! Let us know how u like it (maybe itl help with the wait..)

Here are the "unpacking pics" of ol' 365: notice the order date and you can see the serial number in the center of the box on the white sticker.

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

Here it is on top of the new closed back 1x12 (I picked that up today too). Notice the differing badges. If this cab was made for the Mark V you'd think they would both say "Boogie". Not a huge deal. Notice also that all knobs are at "0" and all sliders are down. Just a geeky detail I wanted to point out. This head is without sin at this point. :twisted:

DSC00915.jpg

Here is a shot on top of the cabs I wanted to use; the new 1x12 and a Mesa 1x15 with an EV. The 1x12 is rather bright so I'm going to run it through the 4x12 and 1x15.

DSC00919.jpg

looks sweet w/ the 2 cabs. time to inject the sin and make clips! ;)

I just talked to my salesguy. He asked Mesa about the odd number for the first shipment. All they told him was that there were 200 heads in the first batch and this is one of them. My store only got the one. Clips coming tomorrow.

What cab is that? (the 1x12)

I don't see it anywhere on the boogie site.

Is it a "Mark V" cab?

sweet! Congrats - let the fun begin! I've run my V thru my 1x12 recto closed back, and think it sounds OUTRAGEOUS - I'm thinking you'll love it!

Head looks longer than the cab, maybe the angle in which you took the picture.

Can you please measure the cab length for me, I was thinking of getting a Port City 1x12 OS for it which is 22" long...

Thanks and enjoy your new amp!!!

danyeo1 said:
I ordered mine back in January. I BETTER be in the first batch.

+1

I'm in Utah and close enough to Cali. In addition, my dealer said he ordered it before NAMM.

Does anybody know who might have one of these matching cabinets available for the mark v

That is awesome, if they shipped this week then, I am hoping Canada will see them maybe next week? I guess 2 weeks would be fair but whatever, this is awesome.

Man, that looks so cool! I bet it sounds great. The brightness is most likely from the brand new speaker. It should warm up after it is broken in.

Brain2Me2 said:
Head looks longer than the cab, maybe the angle in which you took the picture.

Can you please measure the cab length for me, I was thinking of getting a Port City 1x12 OS for it which is 22" long...

Thanks and enjoy your new amp!!!

I actually measured it at the store before I decided to buy it. It is exactly 22 7/8" just like the head. The "Lonestar 23" 1x12 would be a good fit too. They fit perfectly together. I ran it through several cabs at home:

* Recto Traditional 4x12 (straight)
* Recto 2x12 (two of them)
* Mesa 1x15 w/ EV
* New Mark V 1x12 cab (closed back)
* Recto 1x12

With all of the combinations between these cabs, it sounds best through the 4x12. I am going to try it with a stacked 4x12/2x12 and see how that sounds tonight. Overall, I have been only in Channel 3. The other channels' knobs are still at "0". Nothing planned this weekend so by Monday I should have some good practical playing time on it.

Back