I just got an ext. cab for my Mark V combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevycat

Reaction score
I special ordered a close back wide body ported 1x12 mesa cab, with the Boogie logo on it. It took about two months from placing the order to getting the cab. It was well worth the wait. I really changes the way the amp responds or at least I feel it does. Very pleased so far, giving that It's a new cab with a speaker that needs to open up.

Also, I decided to switch back to 6l6 tubes, after running EL34's for a month. I might try the 34's again and see what I think of them with the ext. cab, but not anytime soon. It's true what everyone says, it does tighten the bottom end and you will have to tinker around with your tone controls again to shape the sound to your liking.

sevycat said:
I special ordered a close back wide body ported 1x12 mesa cab, with the Boogie logo on it. It took about two months from placing the order to getting the cab. It was well worth the wait. I really changes the way the amp responds or at least I feel it does. Very pleased so far, giving that It's a new cab with a speaker that needs to open up.

Also, I decided to switch back to 6l6 tubes, after running EL34's for a month. I might try the 34's again and see what I think of them with the ext. cab, but not anytime soon. It's true what everyone says, it does tighten the bottom end and you will have to tinker around with your tone controls again to shape the sound to your liking.

So this is the "Thiele" cab?

C90 Black Shadow?

I've got my Mark V head sitting on the same cab and love it. It's a little monster of a setup. Tone for days and months and years in a super portable setup. I still haven't popped its cherry and taken it to any jams. It's just too nice. I'm not a young pup and don't have money to blow on gear, so it took me a long time to save up for a real amp and cab = Mark V and 1x12 widebody, and, although I'm not happy it took as long as it did, it was worth the wait. I love this thing. It's not often I get to plug into it and unleash its fury; however, when I do, I'm all smiles. Congrats on your excellent extension to your excellent amp. :D

auburnshredder said:
So this is the "Thiele" cab? No, it's a widebody closed back ported 1x12 cab with the boogie logo

C90 Black Shadow? Yes, it is and I know it's a new speaker that needs to be opened up, so once it does open I am
sure the wow factor will be even more then it already is.

Congrats on your cab..I got my cab first and then had to wait for my combo. They are a great setup. At first I was stacking mine because it looked so awesome..but then I separated them about 15 feet with the cab on the other side of the drummer..and WOW big sound. I also use a tripod tilt back stand for the combo so I don't kill people in the front of the band. I am thinking of getting one for the cab too. It makes it sound better for me too getting in the sweetspot. otherways the sound is going by your knees.

The sealed-back ported-front widebody is a great little cab! I have a few different Mesa cabs, but that one is what my head is sitting on in my living room right now.

JLBoogie said:
I have two of those 1x12 ported widebody cabs like you are talking about and really like them more than my 2x12 cab.

Really, I'm thinking of buying another one of these as I really love the sound of the one I have. I also have a 2x12 as well. I'm curious what do you like about using 2 1x12's as oppose to your 2x12?

Thanks

Paul

Nice cab! I have my head and open back widebody sitting on top of the same front ported widebody cab. V30 in the closed back and an Eminence Maveric in the open back.

Latest posts

Back