I just found out Killswitch are using Stiletto's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpepper

Reaction score
Just as it says. I was reading England's Guitarest magazine and saw an article on the new Killswitch Engage album. It was just a one page blurb
but under their eqipment listings under amps it said mesa stiletto tridents.
Okay my guess is their amps have been modded because of the classic old school tones this amp delivers it doesn't seem to meet their chugga chugga brand of music. Mind you I haven't tried an active pick up guitar through this amp yet this match does stick me as odd (unless the mod is really that good.)

Its not the first time they have used mesas. Im sure it will sound killer.

True but previously they used a dual rec which does modern metal in spades where the stilleto will cover you for seventies rock to maybe eary Iron Maiden (which is a killer sound) So Im guessing they had the fluid drive modded ( I would love to know how that sounds ). Which is the only feature on the amp that would be compareable to their music.

Probably modded it and are waiting for a mesa deal...for ads or something.

Kinda old news :p
Stroetzel-killswitch.jpg

MJ

actually one of Adams favorite amps is the JCM800, so this isnt much of a suprise to me.

They usually toss OD pedals and what not infront of their amps anyway, and Adam is a pretty big amp nerd, and it really wouldnt matter what amp he had, he knows how to get them to do what he wants.

Maybe they're just playing their music with more of a non numetal type tone?

They might well be salmming the front end with a Tube Screamer, too. That would actually make the stock amp sound pretty good...

I'm highly doubting that the amp is modded in any way. They're probably just using EMG's and juicing the front end with a Maxon OD-808 like they do all of their amps. And forget the Fluid Drive. There's plenty of gain in the Tite Gain mode, and to me, that's where it's true tone lies.

4nkam said:
Kirk Hammett also uses a stiletto backstage while on tour.

MJ

I guess its kinda of like a dirty pleasure. Like when you go out and consumate with fat chicks, then come home to your super model wife. LOL ... hope i didnt offend anyone with that..its just for a laugh.

xnfx said:
Maybe they're just playing their music with more of a non numetal type tone?

I dont think they have a nu metal tone at all? What is considered nu metal tone? I think papa roach, POD.. Stuff like that.

Killswitch's tone destroys any of that stuff. Totally not in the same league.

Killswitch used Rectifiers on "Alive or Just Breathing" and Framus and 5150 on "The End of Heartache". They've been playing H&K Triamps live. They've always boosted the inputs of the amps with overdrive pedals. I like that. I guess they could put any high gain amp in their rig they just get endorsed with and sound good. And they have never went for a numetal sound, they've always had a very midrangy tone. Adam even said it's like a classic rock tone but just with more gain.

BTW I just saw Coheed and Cambria and the second guitarist was using a Mesa Stiletto. Nice. 8)

In killswitches video rose of sharyn, dont they use bogner ubershalls. I might not have seen it right but that is what I thought it was. The face of the amp is black and the light is blue. I know it could just be a blackfaced mesa with a blue light but...
BTW I have always thought killswitches tone was awesome.

no soul said:
They both used to play Rectos, last I saw them they were using bogner Uberschalls

Claudio used to play a Recto, but Travis used to play a JCM 2000. Claudio goes for a more modern tone and Travis for a more classic tone, but apparently they can use any amps to get their signature tones

dual rec said:
In killswitches video rose of sharyn, dont they use bogner ubershalls. I might not have seen it right but that is what I thought it was. The face of the amp is black and the light is blue. I know it could just be a blackfaced mesa with a blue light but...
BTW I have always thought killswitches tone was awesome.

I think that's a Framus in the video, KsE have never used Bogners.

no one seems to mention that they use EMGs... i pluged my drop C tuned EMG guitar into my nomad and got almost instant killswitch tone on channel 2. then again, with EMGs you don't need a super gainy amp. a JCM 800 with a tube screamer in front could still get great amounts of gain.

Latest posts

Back