I had no Idea it would show, Roadster is HERE!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shnapper

Reaction score
WOOF,

Wasn't expecting a call from guitar center until febuary 2007 LOL. All of a sudden my Roadster head is HERE!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! According to G.C. I got the first Roadster Head in the state?

Since I'm new to guitar I can't really give samples, though I want to cuz I'm not that bad :?

I don't know how to make samples, I don't have my cakewalk demo no more. I do have a vocal mic and a computer so maybe you all can tutor me on sound bites without studio software?

he biggest bummer is the FOOT SWITCH DID NOT SHIP WITH THE HEAD. According to G.C. mesa has a bulletin about the F.S. not shipping until next year?? Lame, but I'm happy to plug into this baby instead of my bass head.

BoogieBox.jpg

[/img]
BoogieTubeSocks.jpg

[/img]
Boogiehalfstack.jpg
[/url]

Look on the bright side! They didn’t hold back shipping the head because they didn’t have the footswitch. And you have allot of playing to do to get used to that head, so many ways to go.

Congratulations BTW!!!!!

John

Congrats! Roadster head through a 4x12 is a killer combination!!!

Thanks, so far I have started with factory example setting ah la manual.

Guitar:American Fender Deluxe HSS strat.......

Tweeked them a bit, running my Memory man through Ch. 1 on tweed, trying to find the sound I like between fat and tweed with the memory man, reverb set fairly high 2 oclock or so.

Ch. 2 fat with reverb set about noon, not quite digging the brit but it will have it's purpose with more tweeking.

Ch. 3 playing with Modern and Raw because it's fun and the sounds are amazing.

Ch. 4 vintage yet another channel to play with and tweek

Right now all channel are set on 100W, I will look at others settings and decide on 50W etc....

I burned it in for about 3 hours straight, seems to be working flawlessly.
Funny thing is with good equipment even a newb can sound good LOL, this amp makes me sound real good considering my limited experience.

Thanks tele, 6l6 & enigma for the grats, I'm digging it and it makes my Christmas totally sweet........... :D

With my Telecaster.......

I like channel 1 on Tweed with the gain at 100%, and the rest of the knobs around noon.

I like channel 2 on Clean (**but that's gonna change, see below)

Channel 3 is on Vintage (this is my "heavy" channel)

Channel 4 is on Raw (I sometimes push with a Tubescreamer)

I just tried the Brit mode on channel 2 using my humbucker guitar and it really sounds great, even with 6L6's. I believe I'm going to dig out my Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster and run that with my Tele and only use it on channel 2 to push it harder. It really sounded thick and crunchy, not heavy, just a nice Marshall crunch. but it really needs a Humbucker guitar to sound good, hopefully my SD pup booster will do the trick.

Congrats shnapper! You new rig looks real familar...exact same setup I have. :D

I've also found ch-2 brit to be pretty good with the bridge bucker. I've been using 50-watt, recto, spongy...gives me a break from vintage/modern.

Enjoy your new amp!

Awesome stuff Shnapper!! Better to have the amp with no footswitch than no amp at all until next year. Something I noticed, my Roadster has like a grill on the back covering the tubes rather than a metal bar.

Ciao ...

SCHNAPPY ! beautiful amp. the best part is you'll love it even more when you get the footswitch.

tele_jas, i was hoping you'd give channel 2 brit another try. when you said you weren't impressed with it at first i thought it was a 1x12 thing. but i wasn't gonna say anything. respect the elders kinda thing. ha ! i love channel 2 brit 50w tube and spongy. 7:00 central time and reading this is making me want to go home and play.

Roadster club. i like it. ha ha ha

There's nothing better than pulling a new Mesa head out of a box and having to remove those little red mesh tube socks!

Congrats.

Dave

CudBucket said:
There's nothing better than pulling a new Mesa head out of a box and having to remove those little red mesh tube socks!

Congrats.

Dave
Yeah, you know you're it's first! 8) Congrats!

tele_jas said:
With my Telecaster.......

I like channel 2 on Clean (**but that's gonna change, see below)

I just tried the Brit mode on channel 2 using my humbucker guitar and it really sounds great, even with 6L6's. I believe I'm going to dig out my Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster and run that with my Tele and only use it on channel 2 to push it harder. It really sounded thick and crunchy, not heavy, just a nice Marshall crunch. but it really needs a Humbucker guitar to sound good, hopefully my SD pup booster will do the trick.

You will like Channel two with the booster. I use a HBE "dos mos" and it sounds awesome. The reason I choose the "dos mos" over the SD is that there are two gain controls and I can use them individually or in series. So, I can dial in a litle boost on the first and just get a little extra clip and switch in a little more to get that nice crunch with nice sustain with my single coils. I love my Roadster !!! Welcome to the unofficial club schnapper!

Storm said:
Awesome stuff Shnapper!! Better to have the amp with no footswitch than no amp at all until next year. Something I noticed, my Roadster has like a grill on the back covering the tubes rather than a metal bar.

Ciao ...

This metal grill? Everything is situated different in the HEAD. I think the tubes hang down on the combo no? Where as the tubes are right side up on the head. My Ch.1 is far right on the board, I think Ch.1 on the combo is far left which would make sense since it's inverted in layout.........

BoogieGrill.jpg
[/img]

Hey Shnapper, when did you place your Roadster head order? I put my order in around November 16th and am wondering about when I will be getting mine. I did add some custom options though, so it may take some extra time...

Thanks!

manwithnoname said:
Hey Shnapper, when did you place your Roadster head order? I put my order in around November 16th and am wondering about when I will be getting mine. I did add some custom options though, so it may take some extra time...

Thanks!

That's the wierd part of this whole thing, I just changed my order about 2 weeks ago from the combo to the head. I was told that I would have to start the order process all over again and that I was looking at a 6-8week wait.

At first I was bummed, but I figured it would be worth the wait. Yesterday out of no where I get a call that it's here. I know custom options really push things back, one guy I talked to was told his custom exotic wooded roadster combo would take about 3-6 months................

All of a sudden the footswitch is here? Just got the call at 9:27am. I thought G.C. opened at 10:00am, Totally Stoked!!!!!!

I was told January, maybe mesa is upping production for the holidays? Or did I just happen to make the right order at the right time???

Stranger things have happened.................. :D

ursinus said:
You will like Channel two with the booster. I use a HBE "dos mos" and it sounds awesome. The reason I choose the "dos mos" over the SD is that there are two gain controls and I can use them individually or in series. So, I can dial in a litle boost on the first and just get a little extra clip and switch in a little more to get that nice crunch with nice sustain with my single coils. I love my Roadster !!! Welcome to the unofficial club schnapper!

I used my SD this weekend with my tele and had the boost set up to about 3/4 the way up and it totally ripped "Marshall" tones (even with 6L6's), I'm glad someone came up with these boost pedals!!

Latest posts

Back