My new custom Roadster Head is here!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love stock roadster since it looks less metal IMO and I'm not a metalhead but that thing truly looks kickass too. I think the brushed aluminum vents instead of all black (not sure if it exists actually) looks great.

LnTh said:
I think the brushed aluminum vents instead of all black (not sure if it exists actually) looks great.

0f7c7ea7.jpg

It does.....mine has black on the front and brushed aluminium :lol: on top. I didn't know they offered the front in brushed aluminum. I kinda wish I would have gotten the polished aluminum like on the stilleto's. It would've looked neat with my polished aluminum chassis...but it's all good.

-AJH

Wow, I'm surprised to see this thread come back to life. :)

AJH, I think you have the steel chassis, not the aluminum, on your TR. When I originally asked about getting a chrome chassis on the Roadster, I was told that the Roadster and the Road King use aluminum chassis, and that the DR and TR use steel. You can't chrome plate aluminum but you can with steel. That's the reason why they offer the chrome chassis on the DR and TR but not on the Roadster or Road King.

Chrome gives more of a mirrored finish. Whereas polished aluminum just gives a shiny, metallic apperance similar to a lot of car wheels.

I really like the look of the chrome chasis though!

MesaENGR412 said:
LnTh said:
I think the brushed aluminum vents instead of all black (not sure if it exists actually) looks great.

0f7c7ea7.jpg

It does.....mine has black on the front and brushed aluminium :lol: on top. I didn't know they offered the front in brushed aluminum. I kinda wish I would have gotten the polished aluminum like on the stilleto's. It would've looked neat with my polished aluminum chassis...but it's all good.

-AJH
It's very easy to do it yourself I think. I used to help one of my instructors in school who does automative sculptures.
distinguished.jpg

He used to combine clay with metallic parts and sometimes bronze or marble.
Some of the metallic parts were supposed to look like those non-reflective polished aluminum (above is not an example of this) and I used to polish those with like a heavy wire cloth thingy that's used on cleaning dishes and then use a finer one to make it a bit smoother. (Both can be found on hardware stores) If you can block the black chrome grill area with a cloth im sure you can brush the vents easily.

Or you could just leave it alone i dunno :D

G.I.G. said:
I was told that the Roadster and the Road King use aluminum chassis, and that the DR and TR use steel. You can't chrome plate aluminum but you can with steel. That's the reason why they offer the chrome chassis on the DR and TR but not on the Roadster or Road King.

Yeah, that's the reason I do believe, because I even at one point thought about getting a Road King done up like my triple rec and found out that you couldn't get the chrome chassis because the chrome won't bond to the aluminum..........but.....if you think about it, they could just polish the aluminum chassis and it would look chromed, maybe put an anit-rust coating on it after the lettering is put on....then it basically be just like the polished aluminum guitar tops/pickguards. Would that work? It'd probably take a little while to polish the whole chassis but, I'd pay to get it done...it be sick....

as for the pic, I just wanted to show the difference between the polished aluminum and blacked out grill slats where the Mesa Logo is.

and here's the stiletto style-chromed grill slat:
Mesa%20Stiletto%20disc.jpg

-AJH

Latest posts

Back