I got a very nice review in Vintage Guitar mag. Mk IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revgsmall

Reaction score
Since Vintage Guitar does articles on the tall dogs of guitardom I was happy to get on their pages at all. They did a short but very nice review of my new CD "Hostiles & Renegades." Almost the whole dang thing was done on my old and trusty Mk IIC+. Here is the review: www.coyotebros.net

lesterpaul said:
congrats,Gary-what is your signal chain on "All for You"...?diggin' the edge of feedback vibe...always cool

That was one song that I didn't use the Mark II. At the time I was starting to record some of the songs in Portland I was in an apartment complex (to appease the neighbors) so I used a Line 6 Pod to do the scratch tracks and replaced them with the Boogie later. The scratch track came out so good that I couldn't improve upon it so I left it as is.

The Line 6 was set to the Mark IIc+ mode straight into the board with a little reverb/echo added at mixing.

revgsmall said:
lesterpaul said:
congrats,Gary-what is your signal chain on "All for You"...?diggin' the edge of feedback vibe...always cool

That was one song that I didn't use the Mark II. At the time I was starting to record some of the songs in Portland I was in an apartment complex (to appease the neighbors) so I used a Line 6 Pod to do the scratch tracks and replaced them with the Boogie later. The scratch track came out so good that I couldn't improve upon it so I left it as is.

The Line 6 was set to the Mark IIc+ mode straight into the board with a little reverb/echo added at mixing.
ha..cool...! I asked because I didn't think it was the C+...real good stuff you guys are churning out!

igfraso said:
You tricked me as well on that track.
Congrats, Gary!!

I do love the POD but it doesn't have the feel of an amp, but it certainly has less humbuzz than a mic'd up amp at medium gain, especially on a song that has all those quiet little breaks.

Hey Gary nice stuff you got there. Tell me, which pod did you use and does it have a mark 2 sim or did you have to use a different amp sim and some clever equing ?

Thanks

Geiri

Geiri said:
Hey Gary nice stuff you got there. Tell me, which pod did you use and does it have a mark 2 sim or did you have to use a different amp sim and some clever equing ?

Thanks

Geiri

Its the second version, and yes it has a designated IIC+ immulation of both channels.

gts said:
Congrats Gary!
Hey any pics of a Burgundy Snakeskin C+ head in the review pages? :mrgreen:

I do have some gts, are you on facebook, I can post a couple up there. gs

Back