I get the DLS Ultra Chorus II and now I wonder...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIG4FUN

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to be a great pedal BUT as I use it in both the Mark III and the Mark IIC+ effects loops the thing is overdriven. I have turned down the internal pot (as suggested by their tech) and I am still hearing a "peak" distortion that is only when the pedal is "in".

I can return it for a refund... shoudl I? THen what to get... (I am thinking the TC Electronic)

I really do not like the overdriven peak that does hit on occasion and I may just return it. If I "pick gently" it is ok but heck, I use Dunlop .88 nylon and I got big muscles...

THe jest of this post is disappointment BUT I do invite a few ideas of what I can do. Can I mod my effects loop to attenuate the signal? or shoudl I care ot mess with my stuff and put blame elsewhere...

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

It seems to be a great pedal BUT as I use it in both the Mark III and the Mark IIC+ effects loops the thing is overdriven. I have turned down the internal pot (as suggested by their tech) and I am still hearing a "peak" distortion that is only when the pedal is "in".

That is very odd- I also have adjusted the trim pots inside (to unity gain when the blend is at 10:00 oclock), but even when the pedal is completely wet, I have NEVER heard a clip. I use very subtle chorus, use the B output, and have dialed in a little less swirl with the internal pot. I really like this pedal. I have never owned a Mark III or II (you are blessed!) but this pedal is tonalicious with the roadster. I do however prefer the loop to front ending it.
How is the blend knob set? I might try a more subtle chorus? Dont give up-
Anyways, if that chorus isn't for you, there are still a bunch of great ones out there to be had.....

Laskyman said:

That is very odd- I also have adjusted the trim pots inside (to unity gain when the blend is at 10:00 oclock), but even when the pedal is completely wet, I have NEVER heard a clip. I use very subtle chorus, use the B output, and have dialed in a little less swirl with the internal pot. I really like this pedal. I have never owned a Mark III or II (you are blessed!) but this pedal is tonalicious with the roadster. I do however prefer the loop to front ending it.
How is the blend knob set? I might try a more subtle chorus? Dont give up-
Anyways, if that chorus isn't for you, there are still a bunch of great ones out there to be had.....

blend is 12 o clock. inside churus is turned to smallest swirl as well.

Back