I finally cured the piercing brightness on Channel 2 ....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on board with Old BF Shred's last comment.
I had this conversation with the other guitarist in my band (a Bogner guy) just the other day.
I have had moments at home or at rehearsal when I was annoyed by the brightness of my Stiletto.
BUT I have never been at a gig where it was an issue.
Get the thing cranked up and as the the night progresses and the tubes get cooking it's been nothing but KILLER!!! 8)

The amp definitely shines at gig volume. I'm sure my neighbors love me by now. I think the biggest improvements were #4 which helped give a usable presence knob and getting rid of the 39K slope resistor and finding another value. What I heard changing values was that this one had the "spike" that was getting to me. This is the voice of the amp...STILETTO...the name says it all. 33K is the Marshall value, I think Soldano uses a 47K. 56k will cut with mid growl but 33K mixes in with a band very well.
I spent about 4 hours jamming yesterday on one of my homemade Les Pauls and Strats. Good Times.

Let me know if anyone has tried them and what you think.
I'll see if I can record any clips...unfortunately I didn't record any before the mods.

Check out my homemade guitars at

www.myspace.com/isaacchristophermusic

hi berumen77, i've sent you a personal message. hope you'll have some time to read it? thanks!

Where is a good place to buy resistors and capacitors for this application. Also what watt resistors and what voltage capacitors are used for these applications.

Thanks,

Gord

Digikey, Mouser, Smallbearelec...

Haven't posted in a while. So here goes a review. After numerous gigs, recordings and rehearsals, this amp rules period.
It is my go to amp. My Bogner XTC is literally collecting dust from lack of usage. I've received so many positive comments on my sound since performing the mods. Playing out, our other guitar player uses a Triple Rec with a 4X12 and we play pretty loud. My little 1X12 Ace Combo gets better tone and just sits better in the mix without me having to increase my volume. Other guitar player friends have told is how funny it looks on stage...half stack to the right small combo on the right and the combo wins.

If the amp was lost, stolen or damaged I would definitely buy another without hesitation and perform the mods again.

My rig is as follows....

Berumen Prototype Guitar > modded not so Original Crybaby > modded DOD 250 Overdrive/boost...bypass box > Stiletto Ace & Korg DT10 tuner Visual Sound H2O with input mod in Effects loop

here's some facebook vids of the guitar demo and the amp in a recording session

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=207569682604610&comments&set=t.100000547408070&type=1
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150163109428198&comments&set=t.100000547408070&type=1

Isaac Berumen
Teye Guitars (luthier)
Austin TX

Back