huge volume drop in .50+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1701

Reaction score
My Boogie has dropped its volume to something like half and is making weird low volume fuzz tones. I've changed the preamp tubes to brand new JJs, that didn't work. I changed the power tubes from year old TADs to brand new EHs. The EHs burned up. I turned it on to burn them in and after six hours, I smelled burning. So I shut it off. Further, the right hand (from the back) EH burns much hotter than the left. They have heat marks on them and the label is flaking off the right hand tube. What the hell is going on?

with mine was that one of the 6L6 tubes got knocked a little out of socket once and made some significant noise - but was fine when i reseated it. looking forward to see what your problem actually is. where did you get your tubes ??

i did sort it out. it turns out it was a bad master volume pot. A simple replacement I did myself. Also, I spoke to Rich at Boogie who said a common problem was effects loop jacks going down.

Latest posts

Back