• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How would someone trade equipment not face to face?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pabloguitar

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has an idea how 2 people would facilitate a trade of a couple pieces of equipment. This would not be with someone from the board so no references are available. I was contacted by someone from another state so a face to face trade is not an option. I was just planning on walking away from the offer and I assume he is too since he doesn't want to risk anything either, but I thought that I'd ask on here.

So anyone have any ideas?

I've done it. The other person was a regular poster so I looked at all his posts to get a feel for what kind of person he was. He and I exchanged several emails & lots of detailed photos of the items to be traded. We exchanged phone numbers but never talked. We shipped the items the same day and provided tracking numbers for each shipment. It worked out perfectly.

Depends on how much risk it is. I have done trades and purchases when there was not huge risk, and so far not been burned too bad.

I had one where I felt the other guy was really complicating the deal unnecessarily, so I went with my gut and walked. You have to decide if it's worth the risk to you.

I've done it a number of times and never been burned. Same as DangerMoney, posts, valid looking street address (you can look at someone's house on GoogleMap), a phone conversation, gut feeling. So far, so good - hoping good karma helps. First post yesterday, stock pictures, crazy price or terms - it all adds up one way or the other - even though nothing's a lock.

Not to say the next one won't be the bad deal, but been lucky so far.

The guy from Nigeria seemed dicey, but it all worked out....

Latest posts

Back