How many different mark IV versions are there REALLY?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
igfraso said:
Glockaxis said:
I have a B (last year of production) and it sounds magnificent. Of course I haven't compared it to any other version and don't plan to as I am completely happy with this one.

Glockaxis, can you tell us the approximate serial number of your 2008 Mark IV? Something like 148xx would be wonderful.

For info, the transition between A and B versions seems to have happened around the lower s/n 5800's.

In the forum, there is someone with an early B s/n 585X (Dec 92? or Jan 93?) and another one with a full B s/n 689X (Dec 93).
Thank you

In the absence of hard data, I guess I saw one in eBay some time ago with s/n 15000+

I've owned 3 different Mark IV's (1 a, 1 early b and 1 recent b) and the best sounding ones are the IVB's just right after the IVA's.

I just bought another Early Mark IV B last week with a S/N 5,9xx and it has the same FX loop, reverb jack, and all 12AX7 Preamp Tubes as my 1997 Mark IV B. the only thing different is that it has a attached power cord. Tube brands are different in both amps and they sound pretty close to each other

Latest posts

Back