mark IV rackmount head with dual FX loops

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aselix68

Reaction score
I just picked up a Mark IV rackmount head which has two effects - one called normal and one called switchable. This is different that what the manual shows. Is this an early or late version of the Mark IV? It doesn't appear anything else is different, just the FX loops.
Thanks

Hi

You possibly have the Mkiv Rev B manual which does have a different loop set up to the Rev A.

In answer to your question about the loops. The normal loop is on all the time if the switch is in the normal position. If it’s in switchable then you can use the loop auto function switches and also control it from the fu3.

If you find the fu3 too big then let me know. I have kits for a more pedal board friendly version almost up together.

Enjoy!

As far as my amp, only the loop is different? All else is the same?
Let me know about your kits. The FU3 is a pretty big footswitch.
thanks

As far as my amp, only the loop is different? All else is the same?
Let me know about your kits. The FU3 is a pretty big footswitch.
thanks
You have a Mark IV rev A, but the manual is for a rev B, which are the same amp but different revision, very similar. The main difference is the loop, the B has a stereo loop so it has 3 jacks. Other than that there are some minor circuit changes but they both function the same and dial in in a very similar fashion. Lots of people think the Rev A is brighter, but it's actually the B that is bit brighter and more aggressive sounding, the A is a bit smoother sounding and supposedly closer to a IIC+ circuit wise. The dials all work the same way with usually some slight differences in taper because of part tolerances and values. Like for instance the output on a rev B gets louder quicker, at least that's been my experience. Usually the rev A is the more desired revision because it's closer to a IIC+, but the rev B is every bit as good of an amp IMO. Just a little different. Some people can't even tell the difference between the two tonally, that's really how close they are. I find all amps (especially older amps) sound a bit different, even of the exact same model.

Great, thanks for the info...the amp has developed a problem....when I run the FX loop (send and return with FX), the amp works....unhooking the FX loop and all I get is a buzz, no tone.....how to troubleshoot?

Latest posts

Back