How does this 2C+ tone sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
A quick clip on the 2C+ mode with the new chip.

*EDIT*

I like this one better!

http://home.comcast.net/~leadfootdriver/2c2604.wma

I'm working on mic placement. There's more detail in the sound then what's in that recording. But then again, I'm working with a $75 mic. :p Really tho' I think it's a great mic for the price.

Playnig sucks, but I like the tone better on this one.

http://home.comcast.net/~leadfootdriver/2c2604.wma

CudBucket said:
RobertH said:
it's a TriAxis :D

Then I definitely wouldn't pay $3k for it. :D

But, it's been customized :wink:

Sounds good Mick, I just got mine up and running last night. Lovely story, I get everything dumped back in the rack, fire it up and get almost nothing (I just got the Tri back from Mesa, so I was thinking "**** did they fix this fucker or not". Then I was thinking maybe my 2:90 was screwed, so everything comes out and I start popping hoods. Everything seems cool in the 2:90, off to the Tri. I thought maybe I didn't get the IC seated well enough, I start pulling the recto board and I notice a wire unattached to the board :? . Solder it back, plug everything back in, works :D

Now, I'm just happy I've got my **** up and running again, I've got some changes in my rig since my Tri crapped out (switcher, new midi controller) so now I'm going to have to figure out what sounds best where and program this monster.

Glad you figured out the problem. :wink:

:evil: On the same topic, my 2:90 just melted down last night. My screen resistors fried and the amp is down for the count with no sound at all! I knew my power tubes were worn, but not that worn. :? My main fuse blew, but it was to late. But I can fix it.

I'll order some new tubes tomarrow along with the proper resistors to get it back in shape. At least I have another power amp I can use untill then. :!:

I hate working on power amps, when I went to school for electrical equipment repair that was the one thing my instructor wouldn't go near. Some kid had brought in an old combo that wasn't getting sound, so my instructor opened it and did the "one hand in" technique and had his other arm resting on the cabinet. He reached in and got caught with the filter cap charge which went through his hand and out the elbow of the opposite arm because it was resting on one of the chassis bolts. Needless to say he had to go home for the rest of the day and kept his distance from anything with filter caps from then on, he said it felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest from the charge going through his chest and exiting out the other arm.
It was a twenty watt amp :shock:

So be careful my friend :wink:

RobertH said:
I hate working on power amps, when I went to school for electrical equipment repair that was the one thing my instructor wouldn't go near. Some kid had brought in an old combo that wasn't getting sound, so my instructor opened it and did the "one hand in" technique and had his other arm resting on the cabinet. He reached in and got caught with the filter cap charge which went through his hand and out the elbow of the opposite arm because it was resting on one of the chassis bolts. Needless to say he had to go home for the rest of the day and kept his distance from anything with filter caps from then on, he said it felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest from the charge going through his chest and exiting out the other arm.
It was a twenty watt amp :shock:

So be careful my friend :wink:

Thanks, and I will! :wink:

Latest posts

Back