How do you transport a large combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kselbee

Reaction score
I have a Stilletto Ace and the thing is huge and heavy. Does anyone have any good suggestions on tranporting this thing? Why didn't they put side handles in it? Also, why no short head version of this?

I'm planning to put mine in the back of my wife's Subaru when I need to get my ACE somewhere. Side handles might have been nice - I have them on a large Rivera combo and they are handy.

As for your comment about the short head, the ACE is available as a head, measuring 26-3/4" wide. Not exactly a short head but far easier to put in a car versus the combo.

I put my 2x12 in my subaru lol.. fits nicely in the hatch of my WRX.

It's a heavy *****, no bones about it, but the tone is worth the backbreak.

I had a 2x12 JCM800 back in the day. Those 2x12 combos are WAY too heavy imho. I would never get one again. I would avoid putting casters on one of those thing btw - you will rattle the living hell out of your tubes.

No problems here!
Superior_interior.jpg

2_is_better.jpg

There's 48" between the wheel wells, and over 9 ft long, but I used to carry my Peavey 4x12, the boogie, and my guitar in a 280ZX.

2x12 combo amps are a pain!!! That's why I'm selling my tremoverb and getting a Mark IV head to go along with my DR. I prefer heads and 1x12's or 2x12's over combos, because of portability and if I'm in the mood for different sounds, I hook up different speakers.

Charlie said:
Nice cars!

If you are in a band it's cool... but if you aren't in a band that's just plain creepy!

:lol:

Have you seen carthedral?

http://www.carthedral.com/carthedral/index.htm
Nope, not in a band anymore.
Besides being able to haul music equipment, a stack of 4' x 8' plywood, and a bunch of kids, it's one of the only ways I can drive with my hair up!
Driving.jpg

Yeah, I've seen Carthedral. Interesting use of a VW Bug!.

Nice liberty spikes. Having them is certainly a transportation challenge.

I don't see the point in large combos. I never have. I have had a couple 2x12 combos but they were short lived due to weight. Even my Mark IV was too heavy with a single EVM. I guess I am just not much into combos anymore. I would much rather have a head and cab. This having been said, I don't think I would ever scoff at a IIC+ in combo form. It would more than likely get migrated into a head or rack but that's just me.

I'm thinking about getting the Clamshell Gig Bag for my Stiletto 112 Combo. http://www.studioslips.com/ I already have the Rock & Roller Cart to move it. I won't be taking it out that much. For my Lonestar Special 112 Combo I bought the Gator 112 case and works great.

Latest posts

Back