How Do You Position Your Amp (LSS 410) From The Wall?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resonator

Reaction score
I received my LSS 410 today and I've got to say, I made the right decision by going with the 410 version. The LSS 112 was super, but the 410 is so SWEET! It didn't take any time to dial in heavenly tone.

I was wondering how you folks position your open back amps from the wall, especially you folks who own the LSS. I'm still playing around and trying to figure what works the best for the room I'm using.

Res :D

I've heard the term "bloom" when referring to amps before, but I'm not sure of the meaning. Can you explain "Bloom"?

Thanks, Res :oops:

Actually, I've never liked open back amps/cabs near the wall or worst yet in a corner...

In the corner, its way too boomy (no bloom IMHO)...and flat up near the wall it sounds too compressed and shallow.... I like the amp a few feet away from the wall to allow those rear sound waves to fill the stage...I do understand that space dictates the placement however.

So far, I'm finding the best tone when the LSS is not straight with the wall, but angled so the left side is about 14" and the right side is about 26" from the wall. the room size is 16'x13'. So it's sitting in the middle of the 13' side and angled toward, but not at the rear corner.

I bet you all were dieing to know this. :lol:

Res

Do you have a way to post clips of your amp in action? A friend is interested in the LSS 410, and we haven't found one in the area yet.

nemesys said:
Do you have a way to post clips of your amp in action? A friend is interested in the LSS 410, and we haven't found one in the area yet.

Sorry, not at the present time anyway. I can tell you that the 410 version is my favorite. I got to do a side by side with the LSS 112. The 410 has a tighter bottom end. Humbucker's work better with the 410 also, but I didn't loose a thing with mt Strat and Tele. It's perfect IMHO.

Call Mesa/Boogie Customer Service. Two of the three Reps own the LSS 410. I was told that it was the one preferred by most of the guys at Mesa.

Why not start a separate thread and ask for a sound clip, I'm sure someone will oblige.

Res

Out of curiosity, what speakers come in the 4x10" combo? All Jensen's, or two each of the Jensen and Eminence?

simonich said:
Out of curiosity, what speakers come in the 4x10" combo? All Jensen's, or two each of the Jensen and Eminence?

Two Jensen's and two Vintage Black Shadow's. 8)

Resd

Latest posts

Back