how do you identify the newer effects loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeydego

Reaction score
Just a quick question. I purchased my triple rec in Aug 11, it has a send and return knob, a 5 way selector switch. Is this a parallel loop or series? What improvements were made to the newest incarnation? Thanks.

A simple way to tell is to set the loop for 100% wet. Put a tuner pedal in the loop that mutes its output in tuning mode. Play through the amp, and toggle the mute on and off. If you get none, or very nearly none, volume when mute is engaged, the loop is series. If you get some volume all the time, the loop is parallel.

No rectifiers have ever had a return level knob... (well technically, they do - the output knob). 2010 and newer have only a send level knob (series) and before 2010 they had a send knob and a mix knob (parallel).

you guys are correct. This one only has a send knob and the manual I just dug out said its wired in series. Thanks for the help!

Just to add, I also downloaded a copy from mesas site, which still shows everything identical but says its wired parallel !

Latest posts

Back