How do I get the reverb to work? (Noob at this)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fome

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got a Mark III, and I see the reverb tank sitting in the bottom of the amp. Now so far, the reverb controls have not done anything, as in I dont' here any sonic difference. Is there something I'm supposed to do with the tank? I think it's functional, because when I turn reverb up, I can hear the springy sound if i shake the amp gently, and I dont' here this when I turn it to zero. But I just don't hear the reverby sound when I play.

Sounds like maybe one of your reverb cables from the tank to the chassis, is not connecting properly.It sounds like you have output from the tank but it is not getting the input signal into the tank.When you shake the amp and hear the spring,that says the out put from the tank is working but it is not getting the guitar signal into the tank.The easiest and first thing to check is the cables from the chassis to the reverb tank,in particularly the cable on the reverb in cable.Could just be pulled out of one of the jacks.There are other possibilities but check that first.

Hmmmm, i'll check that out. Is it also possible that the reverb has just been turned off? I don't have the reverb footswitch anymore, so I don't know how I can turn it back on if this is the case.

Without the switch plugged into the chassis the reverb is "on".If it were off you would not hear the springs rattling.

Ok, thanks. So it probably is the input connection somewhere along.

Back