How can I get that tone?? MARK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not saying your a bad player, but the smallest things can be overlooked sometimes. i find pick attack plays one of the biggest roles in the tone you are looking for. a friend of mine picks all weird and theres no attack when he plays so it makes all amps he plays on sound kinda bad.

i find too thick of string gauge also is not good for this amp. (imo). i think 10's are max for standard tuning, i used to play 11's cause i thought it made the tone heavier but it only made the tone flubbier... now i play 9's in standard.

i think where you play in relation to where your speaker is facing also makes a huge difference. i always make sure im not in front of the speaker when i play or else i want to kill myself. (c90 combo). adjusting this can help.

all that said, i always thought i needed a recto 4x12 with v30s, but i think adjusting to how the amp sounds has really improved my playing. over the time that ive had this amp i have really found a new appreciation for it. give me the same settings on a Mark IV now and when i first got it, i would hate it then but love it now. like my ears had to adjust to the tone for a long time before i recognized how good it actually was.

Latest posts

Back