High gain DC-5 clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's even too scooped for my taste. i had the 'mid-boost' feature activated on my powered monitors and even with that kicked on i realized i scooped it too much when i did a rough mix.

Some of them were recorded with an ENGL Savage 120, one was a Dual Rectifter, and one was a Mark IV.

I had the gain on the DC-5 turned down to 3 and stuck the OD in front of it for added pick attack. The DC has just as much gain as a recto.

Nitrobattery said:
Some of them were recorded with an ENGL Savage 120, one was a Dual Rectifter, and one was a Mark IV.

I had the gain on the DC-5 turned down to 3 and stuck the OD in front of it for added pick attack. The DC has just as much gain as a recto.

of those 4 amps, which one is your favorite?

I have to be honest, I think the DC-5. The ENGL sounded amazing by itself and recorded, but it was a really bright amp and didn't cut through the mix in a full band environment. The Mark IV is hands down the most versatile, and we all know what a recto does.

I really like the DC-5 because it's like a more pissed off sounding Mark IV. It's really tight, has a ton of low end, and has a nice clean channel. The clean channel isn't as nice as say the ENGL or the Mark IV, but it's a killer amp.

I really liked Qual dude it was an all out riff fest. Very cool, I liked the time changes a lot too. I dont mosh too much anymore but that tune had me ready for the pit dude. Keep slayin the dragon brother!

nice job nitro maniac. liked it and i'm not a metal head. actually nice to hear some heavy music that doesn't sound like a marshall mg with a broken speaker cone. the other day i was reading some stuff in the "antique" boogie amp section and a guy there was setting his eq in the normal V but below the middle line. make sense what i'm saying ? it rocks. you then obviously turn the vol mstr vol up and drive the output tubes more. try it out.

headbang.gif

Back