Hey guys newbee on this site.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The wizard

Reaction score
Hey guys, cool forum lots of good info.
I just bougt a used Triaxis 2.0. Sounds good but I have some hum in the lead mods, nothing I can`t remove with a gate but I would like to find out what it is. There is something wrong with the loop also, sometimes it leaks some signal from send to return so I get phase problems with the fx. unit. Im working around the problem not using the loop.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Kjetil

One thing to check with regards to the hum is a ground loop. A ground loop hum will get amplified when you switch to a higher gain setting, and that may be why you are only hearing it when in your Lead mode.

If the Triaxis is installed in a rack, try removing it to see if the hum goes away. If so, then you have a ground loop , which should be easy to fix.

It`s not a groundloop, I took it out of my rack today and connected it direct to the poweramp. It`s still there, I tryed to lift ground on some cables but it didn`t help. Im shure it`s in the preamp.

Hi Wiz,
have you opened your Tri already? check the ribbon cable connector to the TX4 board. You should find it in the left rear quarter on top of the big analog board lettered with TX4* or something. In my case the connector was pulled off and caused a hum.
It could also be an opto coupler. I don't know how to check them. I sent mine to the mesa service and they found 2 bad optos on the TX4 board.
good luck
Andy

The strangest thing is this:
When I open the preamp it goes away, putting the top lock on makes it hum even on the clean channel with gain and master at 0.
I worked with some level adjustment yesterday and it looks like I can make it work, what I found is that I have to ceep output level around 6, and Master settings around 6 on clean than the hum is low enuff so it`s not a problem. Turning down master and up with output level makes it unuseble. I read somwere that it`s important to ceep master levels down not to distort tube 5.But that does not work for me.
I`ll see I can find a service man to have a look at it.

Back