Hetfield Mark V 25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
image.jpg

Wow!

So is that his personal V25 or is he just taking it for a spin.

Got a look on his face like he is trying it out.

That would be cool if he's using in to record their new album. I've always dug Hetfield's old Mark IIC+ and Mark IV tone... i just don't like how they dial in their sound these days with excessive mids. I wish they weren't so afraid of scooping the mids like they did in the Puppets and Justice era. It was a badass recorded tone.

siggy14 said:
Looks like a recording studio, So I would assume it is his and he is recording with it.
Its their Metallica HQ. Huugggeee place. Look it up its truly awesome.
rgx612a said:
That would be cool if he's using in to record their new album. I've always dug Hetfield's old Mark IIC+ and Mark IV tone... i just don't like how they dial in their sound these days with excessive mids. I wish they weren't so afraid of scooping the mids like they did in the Puppets and Justice era. It was a badass recorded tone.
Id be curious to see if they have tracked with it at all. Or if he is just using it to flesh out parts of songs in the control room.

I love the old hetfield tone. But I love the mix of Triaxis and deziel more, they blend together so well.

Nothing beat the RTL guitar tone for me. The Justice guitar sound was horrendous. It has so much whirring bass that was heavy handedly stacked on at the mixing board. It's part of the reason why you can't hear any of Newstead's parts on that record.

RTL and the black album have the best guitar tones hands down but I gotta admit, I don't mind the AJFA tone. I know I'm in the minority there. I do agree it would be better if the bass of the guitar wasn't so jacked up though.

Their sound peaked with Master. Not sure what went wrong on Justice. Drunk and grieving I imagine. After that their sound has been on a steady decline at is seems their mission to "win" the Loudness Wars since their inception in the early 90s. It was gradual, but at this point they record at or near or at 0db (effectively maxing out the volume on every instrument), then clip the highs and lows until you've got about 1mb per 30-45 seconds of song and release it to be consumed on 5 cent earbuds and laptop speakers. End up being a brick wall of mids, buy hey, it's loud as **** for John Q. Earbud to listen to on the subway. The clipping and popping are so obvious on DM I wouldn't be surprised if they actually recorded at straight zero db. It's a shame really because MetallicA is big enough to push back against the Loudness Wars, yet they've let themselves become a casualty.

I personally think the Black Album had a killer tone. Not just guitar, but drums and bass as well. They just sounded so massive.

This is that Garage inc. tone that made us have to get out the fleshlights. Unreal tone whatever they were doing here... Thinking Marks and Triaxis... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Ok8mwvM8Y

Lol always wanted to try a flesh light but I'm pretty sure he used wizard amps on Garage Inc.

So I was on Facebook stalking Mike Fortin's page and came across a pic of that amp Hetfield has been using recently for his national anthem gigs. You know the one, the modded stiletto with his signature on it. Well in the comments Mike Fortin says he knows it's getting built and that's all he knows. I'm assuming this guy is half credible being in the industry and all. Man I hope his right!

barryswanson said:
So I was on Facebook stalking Mike Fortin's page and came across a pic of that amp Hetfield has been using recently for his national anthem gigs. You know the one, the modded stiletto with his signature on it. Well in the comments Mike Fortin says he knows it's getting built and that's all he knows. I'm assuming this guy is half credible being in the industry and all. Man I hope his right!

Mesa has never made a sig amp. They did do the Kingsnake but it's not really a Santana amp. If Mesa wants to make another big splash an amp associated with Hetfield would do it.

Latest posts

Back