Help with Mk3 Coliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacaruda68

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I recently noticed a smell coming from my mk3 coliseum. Upon opening the amp, I noticed two scorched resistors.

They are small 1/4-1/2W resistors between the power tube cathodes and ground, but only on the inner 2 simul-class tubes.

My mark 2c+ coliseum (non simul-class) does not have these resistors, nor do I see them on any simul-class schematic. The are also not in any of my other lower-power simul-class amps.

Both resistors read open, and the color bands have been obliterated. I purchased a new set of tubes for the amp, and though i'm assuming the amp will function perfectly fine if I just replace these resistors with a solid wire lead, I'd really like to keep the amp 100% stock.

I can see the resistors in a few online pics of simul-class coliseums, but cannot make out the color code.

Can someone here help me out with the resistor value or a clear picture of the power tube sockets on a simul-class coliseum? Thanks in advance, Kenneth.

You might wanna give Mesa a call..They often will put you on with Mike B..he is the man that works/restores/servives boogies..Ive had amps to him a few times and he's always been great to talk to..real nice guy.

Back