HELP WITH MARK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpoon

Reaction score
Today i was trying out a Mesa Boogie Mark IV at my local guitar store and i couldn't get a nice crunchy tone that wanted such as Metallica/Lamb of God. I realize it takes a lot of time to get a good tone on that amp because you can tweak so much but i still got no where. Whoever owns or tried the Mark Iv can you please steer me into the right direction on what to do. (How high the bass, Eq etc. must be). The Mark IV will only be at my local music store for a month and then it will be shipped back to where it was before so help would be appreciatated so i can decided what to do with the Mark IV since i heard it's one of the best amps out there. Thanks.

Print these out and take it with you.
hal9000SFWMarkIVSettingsRevB.jpg

hal9000MarkIVSettingsGainfreakRevB.jpg

I prefer the first setting but do give both a try, both are an excellent start.

PRSKILLER said:
Print these out and take it with you.
hal9000SFWMarkIVSettingsRevB.jpg

hal9000MarkIVSettingsGainfreakRevB.jpg

I prefer the first setting but do give both a try, both are an excellent start.

Just out of curiosity, where do you get the templates for those settings pics?

Hey PRSKiller, i would like to know too how you do to make these templates, i'm very interested in making some for my differents settings. Thanks !

I am not the owner of each of those settings nor did I make those templates. I'm just sharing the knowledge from those kind people. SFW who is a forum member here shared his settings with everyone and Gainfreak shared the bottom one. I believe Hal9000 made those templates. I think he might be a member here if not then you can find him on HC.

Back