Help! quick question MkIII combo to head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowthrasher

Reaction score
Goodafternoon! I just finished converting over my MarkIII combo over to a head. I did'nt swap over the Reverb, which isn't a big deal, but i also did'nt change over the FAN, i don't even think it would fit! Question is, is it OK if i crank the amp up without ever running the fan? what can i expect to happen? i played the amp for about half an hour, with no problems, the tubes and the back got pretty warm...sounded and performed great. What would an hour or two of cranking it up do without the fan? Thanks!
-Mark-

Where did you get the headshell? Isn't there a cut-out area center front where the fan is 'sposed to be installed? It is a tight fit, and it will be hard to change pre-amp tubes without removing the chassis.

I believe it is for a MkIII, there was no "cutout" anywhere really, just a completely empty shell. The bottom has an oval cut out, assumed for ventilation? there is just no way that fan is gonna fit in there...that i can see....as long as it's no big deal, i'm gonna run it like that...

Well, i finally had some time to do a search, which i just did; lots of info... and i am going to attempt to put the fan in there....we'll see what happens...Thanks

Latest posts

Back