Help: New Lone Star channel switching reverb issue...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoTheDo

Reaction score
With the reverb dial set to 12:00 on both channels, when I switch from C2 back to C1 (while playing) theres a short delay then a loud sound as if the someone banged on the reverb tank. I know about the built-in reverb delay when switching channels but I'm wondering about the this noise thing. Has anybody else experienced this?

I believe your amp is fried, you should package it up and send it to me and I'll dispose of it in an environmentally safe manner. Seriously, give the guys at Mesa a call, they are terrific to talk to and can usually give you a logical answer, especially in light of LS's still within a 5 year warranty period.

DoTheDo said:
With the reverb dial set to 12:00 on both channels, when I switch from C2 back to C1 (while playing) theres a short delay then a loud sound as if the someone banged on the reverb tank. I know about the built-in reverb delay when switching channels but I'm wondering about the this noise thing. Has anybody else experienced this?

I read in Harmony Central [take with a grain of salt some of its that earlier batch, some, on the market of Lone Stars had some reliablity issues that needed attention. But supposedly the kinks are ironed out.

Yes, I would give the M/B Tech Support a call. They're really good and sometimes just on the phone they could tell you exactly the problem is like a bad reverb tube or loose tubes.

Back