HELP: MY RACK IS A FLUSTERCUCK!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Nice work. Configuring a large rack system like that truly is half logic and problem solving and half art. If it looks good and sounds right, then it truly is an achievement. And people can bash the large rack systems for the pain it can take to get that crazy nice tone and all the on-the-fly flexibility - but it seems like a strange criticism to come from Boogie lovers. Boogies aren't exactly famous for dialing in that grail tone instantly.

You're definately getting there!!! I'd probably support those cables in some way and ensure that you're segregating signal from power.

RectoStudioGuy said:
You're definately getting there!!! I'd probably support those cables in some way and ensure that you're segregating signal from power.

The cables are not as heavy as they look. They are VERY light and provide little to no stress on the unit jacks. I also added support brackets underneath the Triaxis to take more stress off of the front of the unit.

24014_390722337459_506137459_3840577_3255791_n.jpg

24014_390722357459_506137459_3840578_6697998_n.jpg

First of all . . . Hi everyone! New member. Long-time (since 1987) Boogie user.

Plenty of good advice here already. As someone who gigged in a house band for several years (hey,it didn't have to be moved so I figured "why not?") with a similar-sized rack (I had five different preamps at one point in mine), I'll just add that you may want to pick up some nylon washers/collars if you decide to add a Marshall JMP-1. I had nasty ground loops between it and my Triaxis and Studio Pre. I ended up taping the rails and using nylon washers and collars to completely isolate chassis grounds. After that things were very quiet.

Wayne

Rack looks better MesaGod666.

I know I'm adding my 2 cents late in the game, but I found FLEXO CLEAN CUT (http://www.techflex.com/prod_CCP.asp) to be very helpful in cleaning up my rack. It's a flexible wire wrap that is very durable.

I use it mainly to wrap my interface cabling from my rack and pedalboard (AC, MIDI, and Audio). In the past I have used it on the cables going to my pedal drawer so they were all wrapped together in nice bundle that wouldn't snag on the cable ties. I currently am not using a pedal drawer.

You can see the FLEXO CLEAN CUT in the pic below. The Flexo wrapped cable is to the right of the pedal board with the 3 wires breaking out and connecting to my board. From there it goes around the board (the top left of the pedalboard) and goes back to my rack.

4366098537_eb67386e30_b.jpg

Here is the rack. Eventually going to get a rack that can hold the InVader and rack units.
4366843742_91688d4807_b.jpg

Later!

Back