HELP! Getting a Mark IV and a 2:90 together

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockhound76s

Reaction score
I could use some help here...wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Rack forum...

I want to run my Mark IV's lead channel without EQ through a 1x12 cab, while simultaneously running the preamp signal with EQ (via Satellite EQ or Slave Out) into a Simul 2:90.

1. How would I set this up in order to make sure that the EQ only affects the preamp signal going into the 2:90?

2. What output would I be using on the back of the Mark IV--the Satellite EQ jack or the Slave Out?

3. And what type of patch cable would I need?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am going to give this a shot and hopefully others will either confirm or correct what I am writing. I don't think you can do what you are suggesting. Here is the problem. The eq section is just prior to the Mark IV power section. Therefore if it is engaged it will go through the Mark IVs power output. The slave output is tapped off the OT of the Mark IV so there you are out of luck in separating the eq between your Mark IV and your 2:90. The Satellite ouput is a buffered version of the left fx return signal. Unfortunately the fx section is prior to the eq so using this output will not allow you to send a channel with eq to your 2:90.

Now the opposite situation is very doable where you send an output without eq to your 2:90 and have the eq switched to your Mark IV output. This will occur if you have enabled the eq and use the satellite output to feed your 2:90.

The output of the satellite send is a relatively large signal so an ordinary 1/4" tipped audio cable will be suitable. It does not have to be super high quality because of the higher signal level but a good cable will not hurt. Use the same sort of cable you would for an fx loop.

Hope this is helpful.

Gary

Thanks for your response, Blueracer.....

I suppose I could do the opposite method that you suggested, but I was trying to avoid having to pick up an outboard two channel EQ if possible.

Any other comments/suggestions welcome.

Latest posts

Back