Help...gear stolen, need new effects. What's good?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exploreremg

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the board. I discovered it by doing some needed research on new gear. I recently had a break-in, and my gig bag with all my effects, switches and cables are gone. So now I need a new effects system.
I run a Triple rec/3 ch. I'll get a new wah (what's a good one with a TRUE bypass?) but where I ran floor pedals through the loop and did the switch dance, I now want to join the 21st century and get a multi-effect rack unit and a midi pedal to switch effects and my amp.
I looked at the G system really close, but I need intelligent pitch shifting. I loved the pedal layout, with the expression pedal jacks, assignable switches, then discovered the Rocktron stuff. Then I discovered my amp has a parallel effects loop. This is where the experts come in. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me towards multi-effect units, amp channel switching via midi pedal, etc.. Which units work best with a triple rec. I haven't run rack stuff since my ADA MP-1 back in the early 90's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know much about rack gear, but for a good wah, check out

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/

The RMC1 - 3 range is very good. Do have the RMC2 myself. They have true bypass.

Budda makes an excellent wah pedal with true bypass. As far as rack stuff or multi effects I wouldent know. I use a Hughes Kettner Replex (tru bypass), Analogman Bi Chorus (tru bypass) the Budda wah and a Digitech whammy which I wish had tru bypass!

sorry about your misfortune

exploreremg said:
This is where the experts come in. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me towards multi-effect units, amp channel switching via midi pedal, etc..

For anything rack, midi & switching I'd recommend searching and reading, reading and reading again over at hugeracksinc.com. I'm a long time member on that board and I can tell you it contains more knowledge on rack fx that you could ever need :wink:

TC Electronic G-Force + DMC (Voodoo Lab?) Ground Control Pro + DMC (Voodoo Lab?) GCX audio switcher.

www.tcelectronic.com
www.voodoolab.com

This is exactly what you need. The G-Force has an intelligent pitch shifter. The Ground Control Pro + GCX allow you to switch presets and amp channels with the push of a single button on the footswitch.

Latest posts

Back