Help finding a rack effects for Mark-IV, suggestions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrygiandom

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a rack-mount unit to go into the effects loop of my Mark-IV head. I've narrowed it down to either the Eclipse or G-System. Which one would you suggest and why?

I've read about how different effects react differently to different loops (serial/parallel). I don't even know what type of loop my "A" model has, if that tells you how lost i am.

Any suggestions? I'm not limited to these two units either....

Dave

Hey. The IV, and all Mark series amps from the IIB forward, have a Serial loop.

I just picked up a TC G-sharp this week to use with my IV and I've very happy with it. It sounds really good. I'm not much of an effects user so I was looking for a good delay + reverb in a simple format. Based on the quality of sound from this, I expect the G-Major / G-System are quite good. But I'd look to someone who's used one extensively for more info.

One big tip for Parallel loop users: TC electronics rack gear has a "killdry" switch which eliminates the dry feed out of the effects box. It really improves the sound when using the G-sharp with my DC-2's parallel loop. It was a substantial improvement over my Alesis box that did not have that feature.

I've used both g-sharp and a g-system with a stilletto head. Both sounded really nice and I miss 'em both. I found the g sharp a little limited but for the price it's unbeatable. The g-system was brilliant but overkill for my needs.
What I found very appealing with the G-system was the fact that you can put the processor in a 1 u rack and have only one cable on the floor to the footcontroller.

I'ts a very nice setup and if you a big on effects I'd recommend the G-sys. I have never used eventide products but given their reputation I'd say they were at least on par with the G system.

Back