Help Choosing Cab for Mark V25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use either a ported closed back 1x12 with an Emi EM12 or a pine open back 1x12 with a Celestion A Type. The Emi is like a EVL12 so it is clear and loud. The Celestion is a little warmer but still has great cleans. It's a lot lighter than the Em12 cab.

Thanks Elvis for the input. I think I'm leaning towards the "big cab" feel. I will try and find a place where I can hopefully check one out.

-Kevin

I played my Mark V 25 through quite a few cabs all of which I own (except the Mesa Recto 1x12 which I got rid of).

Widebody Closed back 1x12 = Has a big sound a little loose in the lows and a little scooped in the mids but great for portability/size and weight.
Recto 2x12 = Full sounding but seems brighter then the Widebody 1x12.
Regular Recto 1x12 = If I didn't need to get super loud it was ok, very directional sounding.
Orange Jim Root 2x12 = Nice size, sounds darker then the Recto 2x12 and is lighter
Bogner 4x12 = One of the nicest 4x12 I have heard over the years, everything sounds great with it. Not Ideal for gigging for me because of Size and weight but fantastic in the studio.

Back