HELP CABLE UNSOLDERED in Mesa boogie dual rectifier multiwat

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byfer91

Reaction score
Hi , everyone i bought a mesa boogie dual rectifier multiwatt the last year, and the pedalboard never works, today i opened it a find a unsoldered cable and i try to find a photo or another multiwatt opened to see where these cable go, if anything can help me to solve this problem?, sorry for my bad english..

Here the photos

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMFlIpRVRYnYAWswInN_kMsInhNcrb089l3uk7c

Upload the photos to Photobucket or Imageshack, so those of us without Google (NSA) accounts can view them.

https://imageshack.us/my/images

kwuiD5.jpg

fflTcV.jpg

And a video of the pedalboard only do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JUP4MclEa4

Hello Dom , the amplifier is used as a store but it was with all his papers , valves and hardly original use, the pedal works well in other amp except this one.
9,88k found a resistor in place of 4 / 5k this is normal?

0BNsv4.jpg

EI18PF.jpg

UuNfRG.jpg

the last resistor of 9,88k was in the site of 4/5k, i have the diode 4448 but i get out for the photo

The 9.99k is fine for the spot it was in, if it was the one in the first pick in the 10k spot. The 9.88k is not supposed to be in the 4.5k spot. That wire hanging loose is not factory, you have a shoddily "repaired" or modded amp my friend.

It may be repaired, but if the cable comes from the factory as it is used throughout the wiring looks controls:

The question is , or where it is assumed that the cable ends, that is the reason why im trying to find a photo of another 2010 head to see that

Txi8X4.jpg

LmzCVx.jpg

That wire is connected to the output of the low-v bridge and should definitely not be there!
It should be removed before the other loose end connects to something it shouldn't and causes big trouble!!

ok, so i have to remove the gray cable no?

in place of 4 / 5k I have to put a resistor of the same value I guess??

Hello everyone , I RECEIVED a photo of another user i have noticed another difference from the mine, in the photograph bridges not bring mine observed , but said if the resistances are both 10k .
USER PHOTO
987P2u.jpg

ME PHOTO
0B7qda.jpg

I think anyone would modify an amplifier to malfunction , especially when it is an expensive amplifier

Those circled red wires are user modifications used to jump few 100ohm resistors on cathodes of preamp tubes (part of the so-called Pre-500 mod) Don't worry. It has nothing to do with the problem you're experiencing with your amplifier.

ammm ok. After putting the 10k resistors and diodes like yours, the pedal remains the same the midi dont work, thanks so much for all the responses

The footswitch not working can be caused by many things. So you put a 4.5k resistor in the spot where there was a 10k? What about the diode that was missnig?

As far as that loose wire, they were probably trying to power something else off the circuit, get it out of there.

i put the 2 diodes , later put a resistance probe 4 / 5k ​​as shown in the circuit without results, and later a 10k equal to the one in the photo shemham without results, i think the cause will be a power failure of the midi system.

byfer91 said:
i put the 2 diodes , later put a resistance probe 4 / 5k ​​as shown in the circuit without results, and later a 10k equal to the one in the photo shemham without results, i think the cause will be a power failure of the midi system.

Well only a failed component would cause that, should be easy enough to find with a schematic. IF you can find a schematic. You could also check the 12v rail under that ribbon cable that goes to the FTSW jack.

The low voltage supply hits that diode bridge, gets filtered, powers V1, and then goes to the footswitch and external switching. Since V1 works, the problem will likely be down the track somewhere after it. You might look at where the DIN cable plugs in for the footswitch and see if it is damaged or has power/ground.

Also, do the resistors on the back panel board go to a relay?

the problem is the midi power only, the rotary switching of the rear panel works great, change channel well, and the external switching via jacks of the rear panel works, the both systems works, but the midi no.... i was trying to find a cold solder,or any burned component but all are great, maybe i take off the mother boards to works better and get a revision completely of the both faces

I have looked at the multi bridges near the midi system and found one another 12v and 5v .
which works with 12v is correct , the other only gives 0.7V and 5V is connecting with v1 and have 0,7v in the mother board, so I think the problem must be in this part of the circuit.

CHbF81.jpg

pZDWXg.jpg

5PMKYt.jpg

Slowly I approached the source of the problem

Well, it isn't midi. It's a DIN connector. I was asking about the daughter board on the back panel, because it seems to be where your problem is. Seeing the tap cable and the modification on that board makes me think someone was adding midi or a relay into it. If they messed with the DIN connector, or tried to run midi through it, it would make a lot of sense that it is broken.

Back