Heartbreaker vs LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voxworld

Reaction score
I just brought home a single 12 LSC combo for a test drive and I'm finding it to be very similar to my Heartbreaker head.
The reverb seems a little deeper on the LSC, but the cleans seems a lot fuller, warmer, and cleaner on the Heartbreaker.
Was the LSC supposed to be a design based on the Heartbreaker?
I'm definitely more of a combo player and can only keep one, I'm really on the fence here.
Anyone played both? Opinions?

I know Monsta-Tone likes the HB better, but mostly because of the drive channel; other than that I haven't heard too many direct comparisons. I don't know about whether the LSC was based on the HB, though I always suspected the Maverick and Heartbreaker were dry-runs for the LS series.

Either way, you're going to find your fans and evangelists for all of these. Personally I couldn't be happier with my LSC, especially the clean channel; I haven't had an opportunity to try the others.

Reading over what I just wrote, this looks like just about the least informed comment I can imagine making. :roll:

Andy can give a good hands on comparison here, but here's my take. I haven't tried the LSC, but I've seen the schematic. Looks like they took the Love channel on the HB, and turned the HI and LO modes into two separate channels, and added a solo boost. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's all I've got to go on.

Thanks for the replies, I'm appreciating my Heartbreaker all over again, just wish it was a combo.

I ended up passing on the LS, in the end I prefered the HB just a little more. I really wish it was a combo though.

According to Mesa brochures and to interviews given by Randall Smith, the Heartbreaker is a Mark I revisited (on the occasion of the Mark I's 25th anniversary) and the Lone Star Classic is a developement based on the Mark I.

igfraso said:
According to Mesa brochures and to interviews given by Randall Smith, the Heartbreaker is a Mark I revisited (on the occasion of the Mark I's 25th anniversary) and the Lone Star Classic is a developement based on the Mark I.

True, but the Heartbreaker is so much more than that too!

Back