• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

heads up! 2005 road king - 1299 buy it now!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-ROAD-KING-HEAD-AMP-2005_W0QQitemZ120172623966QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

not mine

Why is a person an A**HOLE if they place a bid on an item? It is the sellers fault for offering the item with that option. Most sellers have no idea how the BIN works.

I don't think it comes with the footswitch. $1299 doesn't sound so hot when you have to spend another $200 for the footswitch.

Greg

randall said:
Why is a person an A**HOLE if they place a bid on an item? It is the sellers fault for offering the item with that option. Most sellers have no idea how the BIN works.
They're an a**hole because the amp will end up going for over $1300.

If they wanted the amp badly and could afford $1300, they should have used buy it now. If they can't afford that much, they shouldnt have gone anywhere near the auction. What the h*ll, does that douche (first bidder) really think the amp is going to end at $899?

randall said:

+1 . The seller should make the buy it now price the same as the starting bid price. The trend of posting an ebay item on the forum instantly increases its chances of being bid on anyway. I would not be suprised if your "A**hole" is a member of this forum.

Why do we seriously care what people pay for gear on ebay ? We all get ripped off at guitar center all the time !

because when the buy it now is so low that you know there is no possible way it is going to sell any lower than that, and some cheapskate goes and kills the buy it now, it pisses off the people who would have gladly paid the buy it now price in a heartbeat.

the guy who bid isn't going to get it cheaper than 1300, even if he does win, which he won't.

I call a**hole because $1300 was a good buy for somebody. When someone 'thinks' they can get it cheaper is ignorant... and a cheap scape.

1.) Some good person loses out on a fair deal that both buyer and seller will be happy with.

2.) The item now goes into a bid war and probably sells for a couple hundred more than it's worth.

In the last few month I watched BIN:

XXX bin for $400 go for $620 because some dumb buyer placed a $300 bid.

Dual recto BIN $600 for $1040 because some dirtbag placed a $500 bid.

5150 bin for $450 go for $725 because some dirt bag placed a $400 bid.

JSX for bin for $600 go for $800 somebody placed a $500 bid.

As far as I'm concerned, all those people who placed the bids are only sabotaging with no real intent to buy.

If someone on BB is doing this... then I'm calling them out. They're stupid and very uneducated to think that a BIN Dual Recto for $650 shipped isn't a fair price. It makes me think little of these people who think they could get it cheaper.. in result, ruining it for somebody else who is completely sincere and wanting to find a good deal.

But whatever. I rarely buy anything from ebay because of people like this... I'll scan message forums all across the net to find fair deals.

I understand exactly where you are coming from and I don't really disagree. I just am suprised that it causes so much anger on this forum. I am suprised by the fact that people monitor ebay auctions more than the stock market. Really there are better things to be upset about. I'd rather be making playing my guitar than worrying about what someone else is paying for gear.

Great....now I am sure I will incite a riot and it is going to start raining hate mail. Oh well, time to go make music.........

Back