Head or Combo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iconoclysm

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway.

If I buy the Mark V combo instead of the head, and I decide to use my Stilletto 4x12 as the external speaker, am I going to lose any functionality or sound vs. using the head? I've had my mind set on the head but now I'm considering the advantages of the combo with regards to portability of functionality and ability to setup and program my sounds at home then take to the practice space and hook up to the cab.

As far as I know thus far, the combo is just the head electronics in the combo form...is that right? Does it have the same speaker output options?

Thanks!

Ok I didn't plan it this way but I bought a combo...I really love it, but I want the functionallity of a head with cabinets and such...so I ordered an empty head cabinet from Mesa...now I can swap the amp in and out of the combo or the head cabinet in case I want the combo for traveling or something like that

Ah and it is exactly the same

Nermel said:
Ok I didn't plan it this way but I bought a combo...I really love it, but I want the functionallity of a head with cabinets and such...so I ordered an empty head cabinet from Mesa...now I can swap the amp in and out of the combo or the head cabinet in case I want the combo for traveling or something like that

Ah and it is exactly the same

Nice! So, how much did that run and how difficult is it to swap out?

It's pretty easy to swap out...just the four screws at the top and the bolt on the bottom that stabilizes the amp...ah it cost around 300 for just the cab...but then an extra 60 for reverb if you want them to have it installed in the head cab instead of throwing the reverb from the combo in

Nice, I'll probably do that then - most likely using my g-system's reverb anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the info, that helped me greatly!

Back