Havent been on here in ages but had to post on the MKV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty

Reaction score
Sorry havent been on here in a long time but im pretty excited so i had to post.

Had my MKV for a couple of days now and im really digging it. i had a mark IV and loved it but i think this thing is cooler

The tweed setting on channel 1 is killer i would almost say fender deluxe type sound which i havent really heard from mesa. I usually like the lonestar fat setting but i can get the tweed setting to break up slightly giving me a slightly dirty shimmery clean.

Normally my 'fat' sound would be on channel 3 on the mark IV but the Mark 1 mode on switched on thick on channel 2 is quite something. REALLY ballsy, i still have work to do on this one as it is a little dark but with the EQ i think i can get there for nice big rock chords.

Still more work to do on channel 3 im not really sure about the IIc+ and havent got the mark IV mode where i want it, but all in all im impressed so far.

So with that being said anyone want a roadster combo 2x12? i dont need it anymore ;)

Ty

Hey Ty, nice to met ya! That,s great that you,re digging your amp. So what you,re saying is that you set it up for a heavy rhythm tone on channel 2, and then you use channel 3 for solo,s? What type of music do you play?

...and do you have a head or combo? I,m stiiiiiiilll waiting on mine. Seems like everybody is getting theirs but me! (I ordered it back in early feb)

Also, how does the Mark IV mode on the Mark 5 measure up to the actual IV? Thanks!

That sounds great Ty.

Any chance that you could post a clip of that MK1 sound that you say is great for rock chords?

Back