Has the release of the JP-2C affected original mkiic+ value?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss my JP-2c, because it was a work of art, and simply lovely to be around, but I am truly happier with my Mark V.

Both are phenomenal amps. I consider them to be equals in terms of capability. Neither feels more "real" to me. It really came down to which set of options I wanted and nothing more.

I've been posting less here because I've been busy playing guitar. And working on song writing, finally.

I am predicting that the llC+ will become highly coveted in the coming years as owner's of Mark amps will realize that nothing will ever match the C+ in feel and character. Every amp that has come after the C+ has been compared to it, and as always the latest and greatest remains the student, not the Master. I love my JP2C and will use it without feeling I'm losing out by not playing my C++ at my upcoming gigs, but the JP2C will forever remain the student.
If I were to choose between only one, I'd take the C++ over the JP2C. It really isn't a hard decision for me.

Markedman said:
I am predicting that the llC+ will become highly coveted in the coming years as owner's of Mark amps will realize that nothing will ever match the C+ in feel and character. Every amp that has come after the C+ has been compared to it, and as always the latest and greatest remains the student, not the Master. I love my JP2C and will use it without feeling I'm losing out by not playing my C++ at my upcoming gigs, but the JP2C will forever remain the student.
If I were to choose between only one, I'd take the C++ over the JP2C. It really isn't a hard decision for me.

What an insightful post! Very well put.

I got another IIC+ today - a DRGX to go with my HRGX. Here in Euroland, they don't come up too often, so when they do, I've tried to get one. Three missed, two caught so far.

I'm on the fence whether I could as happily use a pair of MkIIB/MkIII Blue stripe with a switcher and a couple of gain pedals instead - it works out close to the same money, from the prices I've paid the last two years, and close-ish in sound to what I get out of the C+ for my own jazz/prog stuff.

But it's only close, no banana as such in sight; and there's no question that the IIC+ is for me the very pinnacle of all things Mk. I wouldn't even consider a JP-2C, since here I've still managed to buy a C+ for over €1500 less.

I agree about the IIC+, it will become a classic (perhaps already has) like the AC30 that will be well regarded for decades more.

Latest posts

Back