Limited Edition JP~2C 1x12 Combo!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TL806 designed for the 12L and used by Mesa will amaze you if you've not tried it. It's like panning out to get the full audio picture.
Dang man... now you are adding fuel to my cab GAS. sigh Yea I do see them pop up out here on a regular basis. Have wondered if I'm missing out cause the 12L in the closed bottom of the vert cab is pretty stout.

would be very interested in that take. (y)

If a small setup is required with a Mark (my case a IIC+ or V:90) then this (not sure what year) EVM 1x12 cab is my first grab and go. I find most physically small cabs or combos actually do sound small, don't own a Thiele, but this just has a huge sound. Much tighter bass response then say the WB 1x12 cab, with alot of low end control and top end sparkle. But it's just a Mark thing cause it wouldn't be a 1st choice with any of the other Mesas.
Hey @rarebitusa - noted and awesome all that. Not the moment to start pulling cabs, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to! TBC!!!

You need to get the 200W thiele. Since you are in boogie central for used gear it should be easy to snag one.

I personally think the 19" singles suck, ymmv, but the 12L open is like not having a box. The TL806 designed for the 12L and used by Mesa will amaze you if you've not tried it. It's like panning out to get the full audio picture.
Hey @electric mayhem - speaker geeks unite! I need to pull some cabinets and see what I've got in the EV department and catalog that. Curious what your preferred cabinet is with these and in general, if there is a preference:)

Hey @electric mayhem - speaker geeks unite! I need to pull some cabinets and see what I've got in the EV department and catalog that. Curious what your preferred cabinet is with these and in general, if there is a preference:)
My driver and speaker rabbit hole was so deep that I decided just to keep going further and will not come back. The EV's are so heavy I just drop a couple and it blows the rabbit hole out a little more to get closer to heaven; or maybe the bowels of a south park hell hole!

I'm more of try them all rather than favorite. But the sensitivity and headroom of EV's are hard to beat. So most versions of the halfbacks/convertibles are here, 2 412's with 12L's and a 412 recto. Singles/theiles/combos up the wazoo.

I'm sure I have over 30 EV's and I just bought one last week because the 16ohm ones don't come up often. I still want to get some 4ohm ones and the ceramic SRO's to try out.

More than 12L tho. A few 12S (one with an Altec label), DL's, 10 & 12 Force, EVI's, 15" SRO's, 15L's, 15B's, 18B and a quad of NOS 10" bass drivers. This does not include the EV subs and speakers I have.

The 12L's still show up in combos but I've mostly stopped buying them and have got lucky enough lately for a 12L classic and a couple E120's for variety. In fact I hadn't thought of it but the last E120 makes 3 so I may have to get another recto to make a JBL powerhouse.

In addition to the mesa ones (BS sticker or "OEM one year warranty"), I've got the non-mesa red/silver back, gold/black, blue/silver, a quad of NOS 16ohm classics and more.

So yeah, I like EV in a modest way.

It was not my intention to stir the pot with the EV speaker opinion. :confused:

In all fairness, best to hear what this amp sounds like as is and make a decision from that.
I do know what the JP2C sounds like through a pair of V30s as well as the EVM12L Black Label and Classic. Just amazing. That would include the Boogie 410 cab. I do not remember how the JP2C sounded with the C90 as I did not keep that speaker in the cab for very long in favor of the EVM12L Classic.

Latest posts

Back