Has anyone played a 4x12 with 2x EVM 12L and 2x MS12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any other suggestions as to what would sound good with two EVM's in a halfback cab? I have 4 x EVM's at the moment, and have been thinking about swapping the top two for something a bit warmer.

I didn't really dig the C90 I tried in a Mark IV combo, but I guess they would sound better in a closed back cab. The Swamp Thangs also look pretty sweet, anyone have any experience with those? What do you guys like with your EVM's?

I'm running two thieles; one with a EVM12L and one with an Eminence Delta Pro 12A. The Delta Pro has a similar character as the EV, but is a bit warmer sounding on the high end. It also has a lower frequency response than the EV. I really like the combination of the two. The EV is bright and clear, and the Delta Pro is fat, deep, and tight. I also recently added poly-fill stuffing to the inside walls of my thiele cabs and it made the bass response noticably fatter, tighter, and less boomy. I highly recommend trying this for tighter bass in your sealed or ported cabinets.

Back