Master Effects PMEQ vs. Aphex EQF-2 Comparison with IIC++

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Breeze

Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen this type of video out there yet, and anyone with a PMEQ has probably wondered how it compares to the actual, real deal Aphex EQF-2 that it was modeled after.

How does the sound compare on your end? Discuss!

That's a great demonstration of the units. I'd like one for my JP2C and am leaning towards the Empress EQ with all the bellz and whistles. I appreciate the video brother! While I could hear a bit of a difference between them, I'd be happy with either and would consider my quest for the best 'tallica tone over with either unit!

That's a great demonstration of the units. I'd like one for my JP2C and am leaning towards the Empress EQ with all the bellz and whistles. I appreciate the video brother! While I could hear a bit of a difference between them, I'd be happy with either and would consider my quest for the best 'tallica tone over with either unit!
Much appreciated! The JP-2C doesn't play as well with the PEQ'S from my little bit of experience, but I haven't spent a ton of time with it

Ah OK, interesting... wonder why that is? I have run my 10-band MXR through it and while it wasn't a bad experience, I didn't keep it in the loop for very long. I was mainly trying to dial out a harshness in the upper range, which I finally was able to tame with NOS 1950s RCA preamp tubes.

Ah OK, interesting... wonder why that is? I have run my 10-band MXR through it and while it wasn't a bad experience, I didn't keep it in the loop for very long. I was mainly trying to dial out a harshness in the upper range, which I finally was able to tame with NOS 1950s RCA preamp tubes.
Not sure, it just feels harder to tame I suppose? Kinda like the Rectifiers. They don't play as well with PEQ'S either in the loop. I have an MXR 10 band, haven't messed around with it yet, but many folks use them with Rectifiers and like them

Back