Has anyone ordered a Mark V yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i want a different color vinyl or hardwood, I'll do it myself. Those prices are pretty steep!

well at least with the vinyl upgrade they also allow you to pick a different jute grill if you prefer tan or gold over black

There was a board member that was making and selling custom shells for Mark IV amps last year. I imagine he, or another person, would still do this. Just ask around.

Personally I wanted a Tasmanian Blackwood Head and 4x12 but the additional 1200 US is rather prohibitive. If I can find someone to make me a custom enclosure I may decide to go that route down the road.

I order mine last week from Zone music, about 10 miles from the Mesa factory. I paid a 50% deposit. I was told it will be 60 - 90 days.

I went by Mesa Engineering a week before the NAMM show. Put in my order that day. Should have it by the end of February to early March.

MeZadude 8)

sfarnell said:
I order mine last week from Zone music, about 10 miles from the Mesa factory. I paid a 50% deposit. I was told it will be 60 - 90 days.

Hey man. I went by Zone and ordered mine from them also, on Jan 9th.

MeZadude 8)

mesadude said:
sfarnell said:

MeZadude 8)

Yep, you beat me by a few days :cry:

I'm pretty sure that we'll get the first two that roll out of the factory. Based on past experience, I'm not optimistic about getting the amp until April. If they say March, be prepared for April.

Did you order the combo or a head? I'm getting the head and if I like it may have a hardwood cab made for it.

sfarnell said:
mesadude said:
sfarnell said:

MeZadude 8)

Yep, you beat me by a few days :cry:

I'm pretty sure that we'll get the first two that roll out of the factory. Based on past experience, I'm not optimistic about getting the amp until April. If they say March, be prepared for April.

Did you order the combo or a head? I'm getting the head and if I like it may have a hardwood cab made for it.

Hey sf, I ordered the 1x12 standard black combo. I know about waiting times. I've had a few guitars built, which have taken up to 6 months. And, when the original Road King head was announced, I placed an order for one at Zone. It took a year for those to roll out. I've seen the Mark V's already (sneak-peak), so I imagine it won't be quite as long as a year before those babies start rolling out.

MeZa 8)

^^

Hey Mesadude :D

checked your site . . . cool stuff man!! really dig it! you guys have hooks, mojo and rocks!! 8)

the singer is AWESOME. wonderfull voice, clear with great presence.

heard some Lynyrd, Kansas, Toto and some swing funky stuff and classic rock influences there, like it!!

ROCK ON!! :D

clutch71 said:
I do have to say that the Mark V has peaked my interest.

Problem is do I go ahead and get a MArk V pre500 or do I wait for Series II? :wink:

rev g, and switches won't pop :wink: :lol:

LOL I rmember everyone holding so tight onto their Mrk IVs cause OMG.... they were being discontinued. Etc etc etc. Now the Mrk Vs are coming, and I bet we see a literal glut of used Mrk IVs back into the Market. hehhhehhehe

And pity the poor SOB who suckered into that "this is the last Mrk IV from Mesa Boogie" ebay sale. Aaaah well. Glad I held out and waited.

You guys are bad. I had no, zero, nada, interest in these amps and thought they were a big step in the wrong direction. "Make it simpler," I said. "Too many knobs, I never met a MK IV I liked." Blah, blah, blah.

If I sell my Rivera S120-210, Studio .22+, MK I RI and a Carvin Quad Preamp, I might be able to afford one of these monsters. My bandmate has a Roadking. I'd love to show up at practice with one of these bad boy MK V's and see the look on his face.

Shai`tan said:
LOL I rmember everyone holding so tight onto their Mrk IVs cause OMG.... they were being discontinued. Etc etc etc. Now the Mrk Vs are coming, and I bet we see a literal glut of used Mrk IVs back into the Market. hehhhehhehe

And pity the poor SOB who suckered into that "this is the last Mrk IV from Mesa Boogie" ebay sale. Aaaah well. Glad I held out and waited.

I still am thinking about getting a Mark IV if I can find one at a good price, maybe later in the summer. Classic amp that will make a nice backup or something for friends to jam with.

:) Hello everyone, I am a brandy new member returning to the Mesa Boogie League. I have owned a roadking head, I, a stilleto ace head, and a mark IV short head, and everything else from state of the art modeling to fender vintage and modern. I am an admitted marshall addict, owning now a jvm 410h and a 1960 30th anniversary 412 cab. Today has brought me back to experience the new MARK 5 HEAD with the matching 112 cab, ( I changed my order after thinking about the weight issues,) which I just ordered from GC. I hope this journey shall be a rewarding and inspirational trip! Peace!

Just curious to know. Of the people that have put their names on a list, put 25%, 50% 100% down to assure they get a MK V, have all of you already had hands on test drives of the mark V? Or is it a run to be the first kid on the block to get the latest and greatest with the lowest serial number? I find it hard to justify to myself buying gear without having had hands on experience with it. (most guitar stores now are nothing more than display stores to try stuff out and then I will buy it online cheaper or on auction used)

Of the two or three clips that are floating around you tube, a hand held video camera with less than fantastic sound quality might not make some people convinced to the point to pull out their wallet, sight unseen for the most part. and plop down a couple grand for an amp.

Dont get wrong. From what I have read and seen of the V so far It has my interest peaked as well but I think I would be more inclined to sit down and try to warm up to the amp at the guitar store for a while before sinking cash into something that I might end up with thinking, "well its cool but I still like my XTC better" . Even though it means I will have to wait a few more months if I am the proud father of a bouncing baby V.

Its hard enough to make a decent decision on buying amps (guitars, and effects as well) at a store when you are never really 100% sure how it will work out once you get it home. (the room size and acoustics in the guitar store, the cab you play into, the guitar you try out the amp with, and so on) That being said, a leap of faith that the MK V will hit the spot without ever having laid hands on one is a pretty big leap, even if it is the latest in a long wait for a new MK series amp.

So, who has their names on the waiting list that have hand hands on test runs with the MK V and of those that have put their money down without giving a second thought; why take the leap? Why not just wait till they hit the stores and give it a few laps around the track for a bit to make sure its something that you want?

Boof

I have one on order and I've never played it. I don't need to. It's the next in the series of an existing amp series that I like, I know all of the features that it comes with, etc. It's not like I ran out and decided to buy "Brand Amp X" without ever knowing anything about it.

Even if I was able to try it, I know me. I would simply say "Sounds OK, but I need to spend a few weeks with it at home and with the band to see what I really think of it"...and I'd buy it. Playing an amp in a music store tells you very little about an amp. To my ears, I can't evaluate an amp based on a 15 minute music store try out in their room, with their cab, with their guitars, without my band playing behind me.

So my question is what's the point in waiting just to try making a buying decision based on playing an amp in the store for 15 minutes, because that store demo will tell me not much more than what I already know, as in I need to take it home to really evaluate it to start with.

boof said:
So, who has their names on the waiting list that have hand hands on test runs with the MK V and of those that have put their money down without giving a second thought; why take the leap? Why not just wait till they hit the stores and give it a few laps around the track for a bit to make sure its something that you want?

I had a $50 gift card for my local shop from Xmas and this is all it took to reserve my MK V. They wanted $100, but I said this is all I have, that was fine. It will give me the first chance to try/buy it in the store. I have no obligation to buy, they said, "it's not like we'll have a hard time selling a MK V", plus it will be a regular stock item. Also, my shop has a 30 day "no questions asked" return policy. If I don't like it after trying it for 29 days, I'll bring it back on the 30th day for a full refund. I agree you can't really get the real feeling of the amp in the store. I want to try it with my effects and all my guitars. There is no way to do that feasibly in the store. If you are worried that you won't like it after bringing it home, just buy it from a retailer with an excellent return policy and take the leap :)

I am gonna wait this one out. I want to get a new one, but I want to play one and see how it goes.

Like the roadkings, on the resale these appear to go down in value in comparison to the original purchase prices. no biggie, but something to consider before throwing money at it.

If this thing can do the Mark IIC, and Mark IV, and some other extreme gain, and has the kller cleans...

There is no reason, if you are a mesa guy, not to buy this one.

Latest posts

Back