Has any one ordered a Carvin custom guitar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbsmusic

Reaction score
I've been wanting a PRS singlecut and I'm getting the Carvin catalogs in the mail, the price is right on the Carvins, I'd just like any feedback on likes or dislikes of the quallity and tone of the customs. Thanks for any feedback.

didnt have an electric, but I did buy an acoustic/electric from them...awesome cats to deal with-still one of the sweetest necks I have laid my hands on....if you are the type to sell after a few yrs, however, resale comes into the picture-overall great bang for the buck

I have a CT6. I love it. A couple of warnings: 1 - if you buy a guitar from them, there is always a chance it won't come out perfect the first time and that you'll have to send it back for something. Mine showed up with a ding in the neck and a couple high frets. I was a little disappointed that I had to send it right back to them, but they fixed everything up. 2 - their pickups aren't for everyone, but they are high quality.

Would I ever guy another Carvin? Yes.

Tim Schmidt from the Eagles has been using their basses for decades.

Joe Walsh has an electric.

I've never seen one, or played one. But......

I do have a killer Carvin R1000 bass rig, and a guy I used to gig with has a TON of their pa gear and it works every weekend and he swears by it.

Funny though. I NEVER see their guitars in the field.

I'd like to build a Tele type, but hate to take the chance I won't like it after a long wait, ect.

Best of luck.

Murph.

My bass player just scored on an older Carvin 5 string bass for free, and that **** thing is sweet! He was playing an Ibanez RG 5 string, and when he plugged the Carvin in, he had to turn his bass amp down considerably. It has a nice ebony fretboard, and one of the best wood finishes I've seen on a guitar. Action is so smooth, it pretty much plays itself.

The bass player from my former band would only play Carvin. He ordered 2 of them in a period of a couple months, and was very pleased with both.

I can't say anything about their electric guitars, but I'm thinking about ordering one in the near future. I think they are a pretty good deal from what I've seen.

I've never played one personally but know guys that own them and absolutely love them. They are definitely a great bang for the buck though.

Carvin is love it or leave it gear. Personally...I place them on a level with Peavey. I have never played a Carvin guitar that did it for me. have used their line of amps and only the Legacy is passable to my ears...and it has a certain tone that many will not be into.

Their guitars are great. I own one. The resale issue doesn't seem to come into play. The carved tops seem to be reselling for within a couple hundred bucks of their original price.

Great necks. You will probably want different pick-ups though.

They will put what ever pick-ups (EMG, SD, DiMarzio, etc) you want in at the time of build. Just check on the pricing.

i ordered my carvin dc200K in 1984....
loved everything about it, except the neck (which of course, they've since changed quite a bit)

so i had it shaved to my own specifications, by Zion guitars.

then, it was perfect.

to this day, it's still my number one guitar.

i changed the electronics out over the years.....

but as far as construction, playability, sound, and durability, i put it up against ANYTHING.

if you want to hear it in action, check the rigs and tones forum.

Core9 said:

They will put what ever pick-ups (EMG, SD, DiMarzio, etc) you want in at the time of build. Just check on the pricing.

They'll put whatever Carvin pickups you want in it. They won't install third party pickups but with the new rout it's not a big deal.

devilrob1979 said:
Core9 said:

They'll put whatever Carvin pickups you want in it. They won't install third party pickups but with the new rout it's not a big deal.
They must have changed the policy. They used to install others.

Carvin guitars ares really good. I have 13 of them. Very high quality. The pickups are good. Carvin is not on the same level as peavey when it comes to guitar making. Amps is one thing, but there guitars are just as good as all of the machine cut PRS's outthere that cost 2 grand.

I was hesitent at first too, but I bought one from the instock and loved them. I sold soon after My JEM, EBMM JP model, ESP Eclipse, Washburn Pilsen, and a couple of others to finance more carvins. The only non Carvin I own is a Fender telecaster.

I still say their best guitar is the DC127M

cisspcism said:
Carvin guitars ares really good. I have 13 of them. Very high quality. The pickups are good. Carvin is not on the same level as peavey when it comes to guitar making. Amps is one thing, but there guitars are just as good as all of the machine cut PRS's outthere that cost 2 grand.

I was hesitent at first too, but I bought one from the instock and loved them. I sold soon after My JEM, EBMM JP model, ESP Eclipse, Washburn Pilsen, and a couple of others to finance more carvins. The only non Carvin I own is a Fender telecaster.

I still say their best guitar is the DC127M
Do you have any pics? I think their flame and quilt tops are some of the best looking, especially with their maple fret boards.

IMG_0604.jpg

Nice. But all those guitars and not one Floyd Rose anywhere? :lol:

Floyd roses are for wimps!!! I dont like floyd roses or tremolo arms that much anymore. I have two guitars with a tremolo arm, The Carvin TL60 has a wilky and I have a bolt plus with a floyd. I prefer string through the body.

Back