Hardwood cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
Has anyone here had any dealings with a cabinet maker that is listed on the internet as www.vintageboogie.com . I have been thinking of having a head cab and thiele extension made in the tiger maple wood. I need some references before I take the plunge.

i recognize the reddish cab and head on the front page. a very reputable seller tried selling that piece several times on ebay. i contacted him several times about it, but never ended up purchasing it (mark2c+). that would be enough for me to purchase it. i've actually visited that website before..

HOWEVER, you never know if he copied and pasted the pic on there! ie he never did that work and stole the pic.

hey, i was going to get Dan to build a hardwood for my mark IIC+. But the guy that was going to sell the mark IIC+ to me didn't want to sell it to me anymore. Dan and I basically got up to the point were i had to give him the go ahead to start building, he sent me alot of pictures of the woods he was going to use and we talked plenty on the phone.. he's a really nice guy, but you got to consider prices .. .shipping prices.. i know I could of gotten a nice hardwood for about 400$ with the wicker cane grill.. to me.. the wood grain and stuff doens't really make much of a differnce... it's the color and how thick the finish is.. by the end of it, it would of looked liek a 1 000 000 $ head... but he has some pretty cheap prices.. the best thing for you to do is ask him to give you a price on everthing you want.. including shipping and then call mesa boogie and ask for the same thign and get a quote... but keep in mind IF you are going to put a vintage amp into a head... do not sell the cabinet for it because it loses it's ethnicity and doesn't become vintage anymore.. unless you swap it back in.. anyways that's what I think!

Back