Haha Finally.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katsumura78

Reaction score
So the Mark 4 I bought a few months ago I got to plug in today and play. Sounds amazing and I bought a recto 2x12 cab with it today too. Almost got the Traditional 4x12 but I dont have room :( . It is awesome no matter what cab. Now I knew it would happen but I am tweaking this beast a lot and I still havent found my "sound" . I guess I should go to the manual before I do anything else being my first tube amp and all.

Holy christ, this is your first tube amp? It's gonna take a while :lol:

I shouldn't be one to point fingers though, the RK was my first tube amp, took me a good two years to start figuring that thing out. It will probably take you a similar time to understand how the MKIV works in all aspects, but you can begin with some great tones from the manual.

One thing I will tell you is this, if you like to play loud, make sure you turn down your gain as you turn up the volume, otherwise you'll be plagued with incessant, uncontrollable feedback and mushy, lifeless tone. When I play loud (IE: channel & output volume at 10) it's not uncommon for me to have my gain as low as 3, but usually it's around 4-5.

Read the manual carefully and you'll be fine. When I bought my Mark IV over ebay, I read the manual back and forth while waiting for shipping and that really helped. The IV is my first tube amp too and I didn't have any problems dialing a good sound at the first time

It's funny, I played with my MKIV for about a week before I got it dialed in right. I don't know if it is so much finding "Your sound" on the MKIV or making the MKIV sound work for you.

Scott

Welcome to the family! You made a very good decision, and IMHO the MKIV cannot be beat, and I have tried pretty hard to do that.

What kind of music do you play?

wow, I got my Mark IV in Mars, and didn't find any playable tones before one or two months later. Now, like 6 months later, I've begun to figure out how to get the tones I want

Thanks I need to get on to reading that manual. So far it sounds awesome. The cleans are good and the dirty channels are brutal. As for the music I play I like anything metal . Shadows Fall, LOG , Trivium and my favorite has to be Dream Theater. Good luck for me trying to play DT but the others I can pull off on a good day. After reading lots on this board of boogies I chose to buy a mark 4. I figure if its good enough for Petrucci it's good enough for me.

OK, so now all you need is this:

http://www.soundmindmusiconline.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=5&pg=1

and in a couple of years... well that all depends on how hard you work at it.

I am working at it, and it does pay of if you keep at it. It's not easy, but the results are worth it in the end.

Haha thats funny that you posted that because my girlfriend just bought that for me for my birthday last July lol . Haven't had time to really sit down with it but I will . I love that cd too. Wonder if he'll put out another solo album in the next few years he cant just play that stuff on the next G3 or can he. Yeah I guess I wouldn't mind hearing it again :p .

Latest posts

Back