Guitarist whose playing I'm most jealous / envious of...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya know last night i was driving to a christmas dinner and had my trusty i pod with me and I spontaneously decided to listen to another one of my favorite musicians. JASON BECKER (album PERSPECTIVE). Such a brilliant composer. On the back of the Perspective CD case, Jason states "I have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig´s Disease). It has crippled my body and speech, but not my mind". I love the way this man's mind works with regards to composing. Knowing what he was dealing with at the time he composed that album makes the listening experience that MUCH MORE intense.

Monsta-Tone if you asked friedman who inspired him and drove him to continue on his musical quest i know he would give credit to Jason. He was the guy who pushed Marty to become a better guitar player as well as musician.

God Bless Ya BECKER :)
THanks for the good music!!

I was just thinking about a friend who had the Cacophony cassette when I was in high school!
They were really great together!

Too bad about Jason. I know a hundred douchebags with guitars that it should happen to!

So many to choose from, but a few are SELECT!! :wink:...

Alex Lifeson,
Billy Gibbons,
and Malcolm Young

These have influenced me the most! :mrgreen:

guys try these more modern guitar players

Rusty Cooley,
Dave Martone
Guthrie Goven
Terry Syrek

they all kick a$$!!

#2121313 said:
Hetfield is one of the most influential players to me, kinda like once I heard Puppets (didn't play guitar at the time) I was like - f*#% I wanna be able to do that!

That album along with their AND JUSTICE OF ALL album always gets me pumped up when i reaquait my ears with them :). If I have to clean my place or organize things or even work out this kind of music always helps me with the task. Sometimes however when i recall sometimes I will just stop what i am doing, cock my head to the side, right ear towards the floor, and get lost in those progressions :lol: :lol:. I do this sort of thing a lot when i am enjoying what i am hearing.

Old BF Shred said:
Yes ZW is extremely good..... 8)
Having said that, the man that still impresses me the most, overall, for compositions as well as technique, is JS (Joe Satriani). :D

To me, his skill set is "the complete package".
But to each his own.....
Take care :)

Satch was the first guitarist that i heard (in 8th grade or so) who "INSPIRED ME" to really try to understand and learn how to play guitar. My first satch Album i bought was Time Machine. I have spent so many hours listening to that album. I use to fall asleep to that album (both the live and studio work) in junior high. Satch inspired/disciplined me to practice 3-5 hours a day for the last two yrs of high school, and to this day i still study his music from time to time. The thing with him is the more you study and learn about guitar the more #$%# genious you relize the man is. I am 30 yrs old now and still enjoy listening to him now as much as i did when I first heard him. I have pretty much every album of his except his newest one.

My list:

Guitarists
Alex Lifeson
Rick Emmet
Neil Schon
Frank Zappa
Randy Rhodes
EVH
SRV
And sooooo many more..

Bands
Rush
Triumph
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
The list goes on....

:D FZ was so much more than a guitarist! :D
I read a quote from Steve Vai that said something to the effect that he thought Frank was a phenomenal guitar player, but his phrasing was from Venus.

Like your lists , Mongo....I'm not sure how many folks remember just how awesome Triumph was!!!
Between them and Rush, I was never short of music...EVER!!!

rocksalt7 said:
Like your lists , Mongo....I'm not sure how many folks remember just how awesome Triumph was!!!

I watched an old Triumph music Dvd a few months ago and it was completely kick *** brilliant. It was a compilation of some of their stadium acts going through their career. I will have to say I really enjoyed their earlier stuff the most :mrgreen:

I'm jealous of Malmsteen's sweeps but would never admit it to that cocky *******. LoL I've listened to his music and can listen to the solo stuff all day, but I cannot stand that singer. LoL

talltxguy said:
I'm jealous of Malmsteen's sweeps but would never admit it to that cocky *******. LoL I've listened to his music and can listen to the solo stuff all day, but I cannot stand that singer. LoL

That's how I feel about most bands! Especiall G n R!

I really like the guy from STP. Phil DeLayo?

surferdeac said:
rocksalt7 said:

I watched an old Triumph music Dvd a few months ago and it was completely kick *** brilliant. It was a compilation of some of their stadium acts going through their career. I will have to say I really enjoyed their earlier stuff the most :mrgreen:

What DVD was that? I'd love to see if it's in Netflix or for sale on Amazon, etc... Their live show was always awesome.

Mongo1 said:
What DVD was that? I'd love to see if it's in Netflix or for sale on Amazon, etc... Their live show was always awesome.

Don't Remember the exact name of the Dvd. my uncle showed it to me this past thanksgiving. I think it was just Titled Triumph (live) i believe. Netflix will probably have it.

Latest posts

Back